In this role, you will continuously support Apollo Executive Search consultants with high end, C-level (and similar) executive search assignments. Typically for private equity portfolio companies and/or fast growing, dynamic (technology) startups and scaleups. You will go from briefing / scoping to lists of relevant candidates within a matter of (working)days. Work is typically mostly sequential (project based), working on mostly one search at a time.
What this role at Apollo Executive Search offers:
- Work with international colleague with top tier, diverse backgrounds, incl. strategy consultancy (McKinsey, Roland Berger), start-up experience (Rocket Internet, CFO of Cybertech startup) and strong academic backgrounds
- Work in a highly professional and innovative executive search firm to find top talent for leadership (C-level) positions at technology startups and investor backed companies
- Help build C-level leadership teams of the most exciting, high-growth and innovative companies across industries
- Become trained in and further develop state-of-the art research and sourcing expertise, as part of Apollo’s top level and proprietary executive search process
- Become part of a young, innovative and fast growing executive search company with room to grow into an increasingly senior position with more responsibilities
Please also click on the link to see our pdf with more information about this role and Apollo.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
A. Sourcing & Research (80-90%):
1. Understanding the specific role, company, required backgrounds, skills based on a briefing and available documentation
2. Translating the search (together with the Apollo consultant) into sourcing strategies. This includes listing relevant current positions and other background elements and listing potential donor companies. Review profiles of people in similar roles at similar companies to further inform sourcing strategies
3. Thorough research based on the sourcing strategies with LinkedIn software. Going through lists of potential candidates. Select relevant profiles, disregard non relevant profiles
4. Flag and discuss questionable profiles with the Apollo consultant. Gain direct feedback on both the effectiveness of the search strategies and the selected profiles
5. Create ideas for and suggest new search strategies to the Apollo consultant where needed
6. Put things in motion so the Apollo consultant has everything needed to approach relevant candidates
7. Remain informed on the progress of the search process, and hear feedback on introduced candidates.
B. Long term knowledge development (10-20%):
· Build an understanding of roles (search assignments) and candidate profiles to the best of your abilities (incl. using a lot of google, Wikipedia and other job descriptions found online). Build an index/database with complex terms and memorize frequently used terms
· Build databases of (relevant) lists, e.g., B2B SaaS companies, relevant investors, portfolio companies. Utilize publicly-available, subscription-based, and proprietary database resources, social media, and other channels.
· Perform market analysis: what are backgrounds of people in this role at similar companies?
· Build a specific understanding of what a person in a specific function does and tries to accomplish (e.g., in CFO en CEO positions at mid sized companies and startups)
· Collect and develop sourcing strategy best practices and share these with the rest of the (more junior) sourcing team. Develop and apply knowledge on how to create the best sourcing strategies.
· Selected support on acquisition lead generation and other research
· Experiment and find innovative ways to identify high potential talent in general
· Attend (video call) team meetings (~twice a week)
· Support (more junior) sourcing and research colleagues
· Attend (video) calls with clients where possible
· We are looking for colleagues that are available for at least 6 hours between 0900 and 1700 Amsterdam time (CET or CEST)
Please note this is not a recruiter position (limited contact with candidates, focus is on research and sourcing and supporting Apollo internally).
- Local contract (payrolling in your local country or a freelance contract)
- Package indication: Commensurate on experience, between 1600 - 2300 EUR a month
(gross, incl. expenses, pension, potential bonus)
- 23 holidays a year
We are looking forward to receiving an email from you if you are potentially interested at email@example.com. Please include:
- Your resume in English
- A salary indication. Please note our max range indicated above
- Availability, incl. time zone and earliest starting date