Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac's collaborative doc editor helps distributed and hybrid teams cut Slack, email, and meetings by 80%—so you can reclaim a full day each week to focus on what matters.
Hundreds of teams from 2 to 2000 are already using Almanac to collaborate on docs, organize documentation, and streamline processes as they scale.
That's where you come in: we're looking for a seasoned Lead Platform Engineer who wants to make a big impact as we grow Almanac's surface area and scale it to millions.
About the role
As a member of our technical staff, you will use your strong understanding of fullstack engineering architecture to develop a robust knowledge, productivity, and collaboration platform.
- Partner with other engineers, design, and product to deliver lightning-fast product experiences that feel secure to customers.
- Manage the tooling and processes needed to ensure development at Almanac is efficient and simple.
- 6+ years of experience developing performance webapps - specifically tools and processes that ensure quality, speed, and security.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Terraform or any other infrastructure as code tool.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience using React.
- Knowledge of package managers like npm and bundler.
- Experience with backend frameworks like Express (Node) or Rails desired.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience using Postgres or any modern databases.
- Online portfolio (GitHub) featuring examples of front-end development work.
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we're still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam