Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Aha! is a very different high-growth SaaS company. We are the world's #1 product development software and help product development teams build what customers love. More than 5,000 enterprises use our suite of products which includes Aha! Create
, Aha! Ideas
, Aha! Roadmaps
, and Aha! Develop
. And they rely on our training programs at Aha! Academy
to become product development experts. We are self-funded, highly profitable, always distributed, and have no sales team. Being an always-remote company means we can hire intrinsically motivated people who love to learn, support their teammates, and want to work from where they are happiest.
The Aha! marketing team is a highly collaborative group of experts across digital, content, and product marketing disciplines. We work within North American time zones so we can easily meet live on video and achieve more together.
- We drive growth: Aha! does not have a sales team — marketing is responsible for increasing awareness and trial sign-ups.
- We give big effort: We work exceptionally hard and fast, constantly producing content that engages new customers and brings value to existing ones.
- We are curious: We seek to better understand our market, customers, and products so we can clearly articulate the unique value of what we offer.
- We have fun: We care deeply about our teammates, always making time to celebrate, support, and laugh with each other.
- We enjoy: We like what we do. And we want you to love your job too. Learn more about The Responsive Method, our company values, and the generous benefits we offer.
The product marketing group within the broader marketing team is responsible for messaging the unique value of our suite of product development tools and services. We own a broad range of programs — from managing weekly go-to-market launches to producing live product trainings and tools for concierge support
. The Developer Advocate within the product marketing group is responsible for engaging with the software development community to drive awareness, interest, and adoption of Aha! Develop.
We do our planning and collaboration in Aha! Roadmaps. We are power users of our own software, often providing feedback and suggestions for improvements that are shipped to customers too. We use Slack and Zoom for video calls. (Email? Rarely.)
You are a current or former developer who has at least three years of experience working in a dynamic product development environment. You are now more passionate about helping engineering teams build what their customers want vs. writing code daily yourself. You have an established presence in the developer community and enjoy engaging in respectful online conversations. You thrive on being a market, customer, and product expert — so you can engage people in conversation, answers questions, and give advice. You also know how to communicate with a technical audience while remaining in sync with broader company communications.
Your work at Aha!
As Developer Advocate, you will partner closely with our product management, engineering, and marketing teams to educate, enable, and excite the development community to consider our tools. Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving engagement within the software development community
- Creating high-quality technical content — blogs, demos, talks, videos, and social posts
- Expanding a strong Aha! social presence with engaged followers
- Participating in forums, meetups, and hackathons
- Sharing content with other relevant tooling vendors
- Possibly writing your own Aha! Develop extensions
- Representing the developer perspective internally to guide messaging
If the Developer Advocate role sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you. (A real human reviews every application.)
Grow with us
Everyone deserves to reach their fullest potential. We know that when we do work that matters with people we care about in a high-growth environment, we feel engaged and alive. And our goal is to help you do just that. We offer all the benefits you would expect and more, including profit sharing. The specific benefits listed below are reflective of what we offer U.S.-based hires. We also do our best to extend identical benefits to international teammates.
- Generous salary with annual profit sharing for all
- Medical, dental, and vision plans — for many teammates, we cover 100 percent of the premiums
- Up to 200 hours of paid time off a year to spend however you want
- 30 to 90 days of paid parental leave and five to 10 days of paid care and bereavement leave
- Up to $1,000 annually for third-party education, along with paid time off to immerse yourself in learning
- Aha! contributes a percentage of your total compensation each year towards your retirement