Remote | Flexible Hours | High Growth Tech Company | Fast-paced Team | Modern Technologies & Codebase | Leadership Opportunities
Affinda is a rapidly growing artificial intelligence company HQ’d in Melbourne, with a global presence. Our mission is simple – make AI that is better than humans at extracting insights and data from documents.
We are a world class team of software developers, data scientists and AI engineers. We build sophisticated AI solutions that leverage the latest advancements in natural language processing and image recognition. We’ve built out the infrastructure to rapidly develop customised AI solutions designed to read, understand and process unstructured data.
Our solutions are trusted by over 500 companies across the world, included in the ASX 100 and Fortune 500.
About the role
One of our products is Draftable, a simple yet sophisticated solution that makes it easy for anyone to review changes to business documents. Our users compare millions of documents each year across our web service, desktop software and developer API.
You will be the technical lead for the front-end of our Draftable product suite, including our intuitive comparison viewer sitting at the centre of each user’s experience.
You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritise and build features. You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
We are growing rapidly, so there are plenty of opportunities for career growth. We expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. Over time, we expect you to be a pivotal member in leading front-end projects across Affinda.
This role can potentially be done at two levels: Lead software engineer or Staff software engineer.
This role can be performed fully remotely, or if you are based in Melbourne, you are welcome at our new office across from Fed Square.
A range of AUD$140,000 - $190,000 package, according to experience.
- You are either an expert front-end developer or an experienced full-stack developer. (We are all about adding great people to the team, rather than finding someone who fits perfectly into a fixed slot.)
- You have 5+ years of experience with front-end development (Typescript, JS/ES6, CSS, HTML)
- You have 2+ years of experience with React or a similar framework
- You are a great communicator. You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working with a remote team.
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary
- You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility
- You have a great sense of design. You like building software that delights users.
- You have experience being the technical lead of a project and are comfortable both planning/architecting as well as diving into code as an individual contributor.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals, and trust is at the core of our culture. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. Collaboration is key to our success, and our flat structure ensures that we reach decisions quickly. We love to get things done.
Our development process is product-led. We are agile (but not Agile). We like short milestones. We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We like iterating based off user feedback. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. We like good documentation. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time.
Our core collaboration hours are 12pm-8pm AEST (GMT+10). You will need to have at least 3 hours overlap.
Our services are very stable, and we haven’t had any critical incidents over the last year that required urgent attention from someone in this role.
Affinda is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and CV, and we'll be in touch. We look forward to considering your application.