AdBlock is a small team that serves millions of people all over the world. Our mission is to provide a worry-free and distraction-free internet experience for everyone. AdBlock products have been downloaded more than 350 million times and work in all major web browsers as well as on Apple MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Our team has been fully remote since AdBlock was founded ten years ago. Everyone works from the location they choose. What unites us is a desire to make it easier and safer for users to browse the Web.
To achieve our mission, we need an experienced Product Manager who can make AdBlock more intuitive, accessible, and impactful for the millions of people who use it every day. You’ll be joining a small, collaborative team, and as our second Product Manager you’ll have the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on AdBlock’s future.
You’ll use your intuition, empathy for users, insights from market data, and customer feedback to craft a compelling product vision that showcases the privacy, security, and accessibility benefits of AdBlock. And you’ll be working with a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers, and customer support to help bring that vision to life.
Ultimately, success in this role is measured by increased engagement with existing features, and adoption of new features you help create within AdBlock.
- A passion for giving users control of their web experience, from blocking ads and protecting user privacy, to control over the many distractions that plague the modern web.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- The ability to translate user feedback, customer conversations, survey results, and analytics into product features that resonate with our users.
- An analytical mindset and experience using A/B tests to drive adoption of new features, improve engagement with existing features, or reduce churn.
- An innate curiosity; you love learning how things work and you’re creative in how you approach and solve problems.
- The ability to connect business strategies, available technologies, and an evolving ecosystem to deliver innovative new features.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with subscription software or freemium products
- Experience collecting user feedback through a variety of channels
- The ability to write your own scripts to conduct data analysis and familiarity with SQL
What You’ll Do
- In the first month, you’ll become well-versed in our products and product strategy. You’ll develop a perspective on the ad blocking and privacy ecosystems. You’ll engage with users to understand their needs and current pain points and begin to craft a product vision.
- By your third month, you’ll have helped launch your first feature to AdBlock users, have developed a deeper understanding of our different revenue streams, and be working with design, engineering, and support to develop new ways to improve AdBlock.
- By month six, you’ll be fluent in the challenges and opportunities in the ad blocking ecosystem across desktop and mobile, and you’ll be working closely with the team to help set and bring to life AdBlock’s long-term roadmap.
- You have at least 3 years of product management experience.
- You have experience shipping successful software products and features alongside designers and engineers.
- You have experience designing, refining, and using A/B tests to help make data-driven decisions.
Why You’ll Love AdBlock
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live, so you can live wherever you like in North America, and enjoy the same salary. The range for this role is $95,000 to $125,000.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage, 401K matching, unlimited time off, and paid parental leave.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. When we’re not in the midst of a pandemic, we meet twice a year for a week-long offsite. In the last 18 months we’ve visited San Diego, Charleston, and Nashville together as a team.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage all AdBlock employees to take the time they need for vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy. We don’t limit how many days our employees can take off each year.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a MacBook or Windows laptop or desktop and whatever other equipment you need to work effectively.
We’d Love to Work With You!
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want AdBlock to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and we believe our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting and you live in North America, send your resume and brief answers to the following questions to email@example.com:
- Tell us why you’re interested in working with us at AdBlock
- Tell us briefly about the product management accomplishment you are most proud of and why