About the Opportunity
As a Senior Software Engineer at Acelerate, you'll build products that process millions of orders and touch thousands of restaurant customers. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle from ideation to GA and will have insight into design, development, deployment, infrastructure, and maintenance of both new and existing features. You'll write clean code and collaborate across business teams to move quickly, while dreaming big.
We offer competitive salaries and meaningful equity packages.
Why would you want to work here?
We're a lean team that has grown at VC-backed speed without any outside capital. We're hyper-focused on providing fantastic experiences for customers and effectively collaborate to build industry-defining products. Here's some reasons why the role could be right for you:
- Ability to join a hyper-growth startup at the ground floor
- Great working environment: large autonomy and no red tape or pointless meetings
- Solve extremely challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day. We've processed millions of orders, hundreds of millions of dollars, and support thousands of restaurant customers.
- We ship quickly...you don't have to wait months or quarters to see your work in action.
- We're a lean team, meaning you have access and collaborate with all stakeholders and have a direct impact in product development.
- Excellent character, trustworthy, and morally upright
- Ability to deliver excellent quality, quickly
- Love of learning
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately
- Strong grasp of the fundamentals: OSI model, networking; POSIX command line tools; deeper knowledge of SQL, particularly around performance; data structures; programming paradigms
- Relative familiarity with most of our stack: Kubernetes, GCP, Terraform, Vault, Node.js, Next.js, Prometheus, and Grafana. It's not necessary to know all of these, but you'll be expected to be proficient in all of them eventually
- An eye for design
- ETL experience
- Security and reverse engineering experience
- Experience in scaling high-availability systems
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with domain-driven design in any domain
To improve your chances of a response, in addition to attaching your resume, you can save a PDF of any or all of the following pages (in Chrome, cmd/ctrl + p to print, save as PDF) and check or highlight what you know, as honestly as possible:
It's a great, humbling exercise to do this regardless.
Another helpful thing to put in your cover letter would be the top 3 books you've read and recommend on software engineering.
Look forward to hearing from you!