Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Able is a purpose-driven company focused on making the overall population fitter, healthier, and happier by providing a 360-degree personalized approach to weight care for tens of thousands of people worldwide.
We are customer-obsessed, authentic, and super pumped to create innovative tech solutions that are accessible and will impact and improve the lives of our customers.
Able is different.
It provides a science-backed, comprehensive program personalized to users' biology and lifestyle and supported by 1-on-1 coaching. It's the safest and most effective way to improve metabolic health and achieve sustained weight care.
You will be joining a strong team of >70 people with high talent density who enjoy working in our fast-paced, 100% remote environment. Our team is fully international and passionate about building the future of health and weight care for our customers.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Product Design Lead to define design strategy, manage the design team, develop processes, and establish good communication within the team. As a Product Design Lead, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating multiple design workstreams for user-facing products. You will use your expertise to guide designers and ensure their work aligns with the overall strategy. You will also serve as a partner in business and implementation decisions, advocating for the needs of users by applying your understanding of how to transform insights into data-driven, human-centric designs.
This is a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally within Able and innovate in the weight care and wellness industry, with the goal of helping people live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
Here are a few words from Frank Callan, our Head of Product at Able, about this opportunity:
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage a talented, diverse, and inclusive team of Product Designers to consistently deliver high-quality user experiences across Able
- Support and coach designers in achieving their career goals and personal development
- Maintain a culture of design simplicity, ensuring that new features and products are simple, elegant, and usable
- Work closely with the Head of Product, Engineering, Marketing Leads, and Founder to shape the product roadmap, both short-term and long-term
- Clearly articulate vision and strategy to the Product Design Team
- Foster a culture of design feedback, providing honest and sensitive feedback to team members to help them grow and develop their skills
- Research competitors, trends, patterns, best practices, UX design inspiration, user and business insights
- Improve team scalability through documentation and process improvement and provide leadership
- Establish best practices in design management and employ useful design frameworks to support team growth
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other disciplines to facilitate successful delivery within agile teams
- 7+ years of experience delivering successful work for entire product areas for native mobile, web, and/or software applications
- Strong portfolio showcasing work and case studies
- Demonstrated track record as a Product Design visionary, executor, and team-builder
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire others and direct designs toward creative, user-centric solutions
- Experience as a people manager who can support and strengthen a design team
- Strong communication skills and empathy to unify people and ideas across disciplines
- Ability to identify the true needs of users and apply insights to design strategy and product needs
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in fast-paced, agile environments
- Experience with experiment design approaches to achieve business goals
- Flexible, remote working environment
- Employee share options program
- In-person company retreats and virtual gatherings
- Apple laptop and equipment for your needs
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Work with incredibly talented colleagues
Life at Able
By joining Able, you’ll become part of a team that picks each other up, collaborates daily, and works hard, fast, and smart because they’re motivated and passionate about being the best in the industry. We thrive on innovation, we push the boundaries, and we’re proud of the work we do that really helps thousands of people live happier and healthier lives!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.