Customer Support Representative
Headquarters: Boston, MA
Must be located: USA
Visit company website
View all 10% Happier jobs
10% Happier touches millions of lives already – through our meditation app, best-selling books, and top-ranked podcast.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. 10% Happier is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
As a full-time, remote customer support representative, you will have the chance to deliver exceptional support to 10% Happier customers, creating another positive touchpoint with the 10% Happier brand. You’ll work closely with the Support Manager to ensure the support team is providing effective and timely responses to customer requests and enabling our users to successfully navigate through their 10% Happier experience. As part of a close-knit team in a fast-paced and fun startup, you’ll play a key role in keeping our current customers happy and meeting the demands of potential and future customers as we move into our next phase of growth.
- Provide front-line customer support for our community via email, live chat, and other channels.
- Handle customer requests and questions with a thoughtful, friendly and empathetic tone.
- Proactively take on challenges, research information, troubleshoot problems and creatively deliver results.
- Work closely with our customers and the Support Manager to identify and escalate bugs, issues and user pain points appropriately.
- Help create and maintain internal and customer-facing documentation.
- Assist training of customer-facing staff on relevant product features and internal tools and systems.
- Provide support on additional special projects as needed.
Ideal Experience & Characteristics:
- Previous professional experience in a customer service/support environment.
- Passionate about creating an amazing customer experience.
- Technically savvy and can pick up new technology quickly.
- Strong comfort level and familiarity with Desktop platforms and mobile devices.
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Great writer with a clear, thoughtful and friendly writing style.
- Self-motivated and accountable, while thriving in a collaborative team.
- Excellent under pressure and can adapt quickly in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Excited about making meditation and contemplative wisdom widely accessible.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
Benefits: Work remotely from a home office or co-working space. Be a key member of a small team in a very collaborative environment. Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits. Do meaningful work contributing to greater well-being in the world.
10% Happier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.