We encourage you to apply even if you don't check every box. If you're excited about XWP, the work to be done, and your future teammates
, then go for it!
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
You’ll be joining a team of 110+ experts (from 35+ countries and 6 continents) who enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for our craft and a sincere care for each other and the clients we serve.
Designers at XWP support the mission of building a better web at enterprise scale by designing exceptional user experiences, in an open, flexible, and supportive environment.
Who You Are
- You have a passion for design and have an appetite for growth
- You get excited about things like color theory and typography
- You notice the little details that make a huge difference
- You are fueled by a balanced blend of humility and confidence.
- You value autonomy and have the time-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role.
- You resonate with XWP’s values of Giving, Teamwork, and Mastery
What You’ve Done
- Spent a few years designing for large scale projects
- Strong proficiency using collaborative design tools like Figma
- Deep expertise in creating visual concepts and testing them with users
- Created visual designs for both web and mobile
- Worked with all aspects of the design process, including discovery, user research, and usability testing
- Worked successfully as part of a larger design team
- Regular client interaction and collaboration
- Worked with major technology companies and publishers
- Collaborated on projects with web engineers
- Interested in the open web
What You’ll Do Here
- Contribute to the design community and help to grow our design expertise
- Design the visual web experience of the future
- Create enterprise-level high fidelity designs and design documentation for the engineering team to implement the interactions and interface
- Advocate and design for accessibility
- Work closely and collaboratively with client stakeholders and cross-functional team members
- Support the development and improvement of design processes and best practices
- Be a candid, respectful, and supportive teammate and leader
- Participate in estimations for planned design efforts
- Participate in the discovery process to understand the problem, users and their objectives, as well as the client and their business goals
- Create artifacts (questions, user journey maps, visual concepts and prototypes) to aid in user research studies and client validation
What Success Looks Like
- Be a valuable contributor to the discovery and planning process with both clients and delivery teams
- Work closely with clients, achieving the desired design deliverables
- Take ownership of your work: Working with the team to succeed, while also embracing failure and learning from those experiences
- Collaborative participation across global time zones and cultures
- Proactive approach to learning, growth, and sharing
- Earn the trust and confidence of your teammates and establish good working relationships
- Lead by example and treat others with respect
Payscale & Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- Remote work done right! High levels of flexibility, skip the commute, time to invest in family, caregiving, and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our community and the open web.
- An expected salary range of USD $90,000 to $120,000 or contractor rates of $50-$70 per hour
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life, and other benefits.
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We’re proud of the high levels of inclusion that our distributed team reports and we work hard to support each individual doing their best work together at XWP.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!