Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
, CVT (UTC -1)
, WAT (UTC +1)
, SAST (UTC +2)
, EAT (UTC +3)
Vaayu is on a mission to decarbonize retail by helping brands (from fashion and beauty to consumer goods, health and beyond) to track, cut and credibly communicate their climate impact in real time. Our science-based platform provides granular, automated and accurate carbon calculations, powered by over 600,000 activity-based data points that make it easy for brands to understand their emissions and take action throughout the value chain to meet their reduction targets.
We believe in the power of technology as a force for good and are looking for game-changers from across Europe (or equivalent time zones) who share our vision of helping retailers reduce 1 gigaton of emissions by 2030.
If you want to work at a purpose-driven startup and be part of a team defining state-of-the-art technology that drives down carbon emissions at scale, we'd love to hear from you.
- Environmental. The Earth is our protagonist. Protecting it is at the center of everything we do.
- Collaborative. Climate change affects us all. By working collaboratively we know we can make a difference within retail, and beyond.
- Honest. Our voice is informative and authentic. We want to share what we are working on, be open about the challenges, and build an ecosystem that creates change.
We are looking to hire our first dedicated DevOps Engineer with a background in software engineering.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health;
- Research and integration of tooling to improve our processes and capabilities;
- Mentoring our teams as a champion of our DevSecOps culture;
- Take on-call rotation for production support and coordinate work under production-critical situations;
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications;
- Partner with engineers to share knowledge and evolve infrastructure, services and development approaches;
- Measure and optimize system performance with an eye towards pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve;
Who we are looking for (Qualifications)
- Have experience with at least one public cloud provider and infrastructure as code;
- Have worked with Kubernetes;
- Have experience in designing CI/CD pipelines;
- Have experience with logging, monitoring and diagnostics tools
- Have a proactive approach to spotting performance bottlenecks and areas for improvement;
- Eager to mentor, encourage and guide engineers in DevOps practices;
- Ambitious and want to grow in an extremely fast-moving environment;
- Have a proactive passion for solving climate change;
- Have experience working in a fully remote environment;
- Fluent in English.
What We Offer:
- Work at a mission-driven start-up with sustainability experts
- Receive equity in a fast-growing business with an exciting journey ahead
- Full remote work from anywhere in Europe
- Collaborate with a diverse, open-minded, and international team
- Grow and develop within an expanding team of entrepreneurial experts
- Join our bi-annually offsite where we come together in a European destination
- Enjoy 26 days paid leave with an additional day for every year of employment (up to 30 days)
- Opt-in to pension and health policies available within your region of work
Vaayu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not believe in discrimination of any kind, and are proud to have an international team from over 17 different countries. We nurture an inclusive and collaborative environment for all, and are committed to reflecting a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and thinking.