In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we're expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
TutorMe is looking for an Event Marketing Manager with a proven track record of building and executing events of all types and sizes - from in-person round tables to large-scale industry tradeshows - that build sales pipeline and drive brand awareness.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects, think on their feet and communicate effectively both internally and externally. We're seeking a creative, organized, and enthusiastic individual to take our event strategy to the next level - building the overarching vision and executing to meet aggressive brand awareness and pipeline targets.
What You'll Be Doing
- Plan, develop and manage TutorMe's event marketing program and design unique experiences - online and offline - to build awareness and generate demand
- Research and qualify relevant conferences and industry events in collaboration with sales
- Manage events calendar, and produce event "briefs" to coordinate all aspects of each event (e.g. agenda, timelines, venues, suppliers, giveaways, booth, staffing, budgets)
- Recommend and negotiate TutorMe's involvement in industry events (e.g., attend vs. exhibit vs. sponsor vs. present)
- Partner with sales team members to drive pre- and post-show follow-up strategies that draw leads to our booth, and convert those leads into qualified opportunities
- Provide support for on-site TutorMe reps; handle logistical tasks including shipments, registrations, booth service ordering, team prep, travel, booth set-up and/or take-down
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to manage measurement of event impact through SFDC reporting, evaluate event/campaign ROI, and present on recommendations for improvement
- Conduct post-event wrap up and analysis (onsite event execution as required)
- Build relationships with customers and industry players to collaborate on events as co-presenters, panelists, guest speakers, etc.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, such as TutorMe team events, smaller-scale customer events, etc.
- 5+ years B2B event management experience including tradeshows/conferences, field events, and virtual events/webinars
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects with different priorities and stakeholders
- Self-motivated and desire to work autonomously
- Clear, thoughtful communication skills (verbal and written) with strong interpersonal skills
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
- Proven track record of working with B2B sales organization to build and deliver results
- Ability to consistently set and meet deadlines
- Experience with end-to-end event program production from conception to completion - including third party and suppliers management, booth design, branding, logistics and AV requirements, webinar platforms management, demo set-up, audience acquisition, sales engagement and follow-up
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Comfortable working with cross-functional groups and executive leadership
- Ability to travel as required
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive pay & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we'll provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.