In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we're expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
We're seeking an energetic, empathetic, and ambitious Customer Success Manager to join our fully-remote team. The demand for online tutoring has never been greater, and our customer base is booming! Reporting to our Director of Customer Success, you'll work with school administrators to help them learn how to use TutorMe, drive high adoption rates among their students, and ensure our platform truly makes learning support more equitable.
As a key member of an acclaimed Customer Success team, you'll use your gift for connecting with people to foster meaningful relationships with customers and help make academic success more attainable for all students.
What You'll be Doing
- Be a proactive customer champion where you'll own and skillfully manage a book of business to drive success, customer retention, engagement, and expansion initiatives
- As a trusted advisor, you'll bring deep curiosity and empathy to our customers with industry knowledge, business acumen, and technical understanding of TutorMe's platform
- Engage with customers proactively to ensure usage and improve the rapport with each of their accounts
- Expand revenue for existing customers through upselling at the appropriate times during our customer product life cycle
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks and analyze customer data to proactively identify customer success opportunities; build and execute strategies to address customer challenges accordingly
- Drive high student engagement for your customers, and communicate their own successes across all levels of the customer organization
- Lead retention efforts through resolving customer issues and proactively anticipating customer needs
- Own retention, renewal, and expansion opportunities for your BOB
- Assist with creating training materials and continually strive to improve customer product adoption
- Partner cross-functionally to solve problems and improve our customer experience according to customer needs, data, and feedback
- Collaborate with our marketing team to build customer references, craft case studies, and co-develop resources to improve our customer experience
- Be responsible for managing the onboarding process for large customers with multiple stakeholders
- 2+ years experience working in a customer-facing role in sales, sales development, customer success, or account management
- 2+ years in project and customer management
- Passion for helping customers solve problems leveraging technology
- Technical aptitude and ability to deeply understand TutorMe's product, the education industry, and the value of modern approaches to working with data in customer success
- Track record of overachieving monthly and quarterly goals
- Ability to assess risk, identify growth opportunities, and prioritize workflows to manage a proactive customer journey for all customers in your BOB
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills—ability to tailor tone to resonate with various audiences
- Comfortable communicating with high-level executives as well as young students and a talent for soothing stressed or upset customers
- Strong creative problem-solving skills to provide optimal business or technical solutions for customers
- Bachelor's Degree required; experience working in education is a bonus
- Able to travel as needed (2x per quarter) to in-person customer meetings and educational events
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive base salary, excellent commission structure, & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that's helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but you're up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.
This position will be titled "Student Success Manager"