Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Reports to: Senior Website Developer, Project Manager + Creative Director
Scope: Contract basis as needed to start, with possibility of retainer
We are looking for a skilled Website Developer to join our team who will be responsible for developing websites for our company. You will be working alongside a team of other developers and designers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Website development, CMS setup, Hosting & Domain setup.
- Slicing from Figma mockups
- A strong attention to detail while matching design proofs
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
- Directing or performing updates, and additions to existing websites
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types
- Directing team members who produce content for websites.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups
- Creating user-friendly CMS field systems and back-end workflows
- Back up files from Web sites to secondary directories for recovery
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements
- Bachelor's degree in web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- 3+ years HTML / CSS / Jquery
- Experience with different CMS's or page builders ( Most importantly WordPress, Shopify, but with general knowledge and experience with others such as Squarespace, Wix, Divi, Elementor..etc - the more the better!)
- Proficiency with Hosting, domain, MySQL, and WordPress set up + installation experience
- Basic / Intermediate SEO implementation experience
- Proficiency with required design software and graphics editing software, such as Adobe suite and Figma
- Eye for design - Basic / intermediate design experience
- Intermediate PHP
- Strong communication skills
- Handling full projects from account creation to go-live
- Exporting from Figma
- Advanced Jquery, Sass experience
- Experience with ACF field creation
- Custom Shopify / Liquid experience
- React frameworks experience
- Gsap & other front-end JS library experience
- SEO experience
- Web App / Mobile App experience
Please note - The Social Circle is based in Vancouver, BC working 9-5pm PST. Contractors will be expected to be able to communication and deliver during this time Monday - Friday.
To apply please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
* must provide portfolio to be considered