The Giving Block makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market-leading provider and work with 1400+ nonprofits, including some of the largest like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations so they can unlock a new wave of funding. We’re bringing nonprofits to the forefront of technological innovation.
The Giving Block is part of Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR), the leader in commerce-enabling technology, powering billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
The Giving Block is building industry-leading products for both our donors and our nonprofits - and we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us drive our roadmap forward. Working at The Giving Block, you will be part of a team that is creating a new category: Crypto Philanthropy. In this role, you will work alongside our existing product managers to investigate, research & prioritize solutions for the everyday use of our unique that help nonprofits tap into an entirely new donor demographic. You will play a key role in shaping the future of philanthropy.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing every day:
- Researching the needs of the market, our nonprofit clients, donors & team members
- Prioritizing these needs on our product roadmap
- Prototyping and testing hypotheses
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders on the development of the product roadmap
- Working closely with UI/UX designers, project managers and development teams to make sure product backlog is well defined and ready for development
- Describing business requirements for upcoming features, review with leadership and present to the development team
- Working on continuous improvements of processes both within the product team and across departments
- Keeping track of competing products & services in order to assess our position in the market
- Overseeing the design of both individual features & the product overall
- Liaising with product managers, designers, developers & other team members on individual projects
- Determining metrics to evaluate success of new products
- Gathering and presenting feedback from product updates to internal teams
- Completing and/or updating accurate documentation for new and existing products
- At least 5 years experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Nonprofit and/or fundraising experience: understanding of nonprofit market or/and having some experience in actually building these kinds of software, or at least a heavy use of using them
- Proven experience of overseeing all elements of the product development process
- Understanding of software development life-cycle
- Understanding of how to create great UI/UX
- Experience of doing customer research, cusdev interviews
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working remotely and working with international teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with agile methodologies as a Product Owner
- Strong English communication skills
- Experience as a Product Manager at a startup
- Experience with individual, major & corporate giving from a nonprofit and/or donor perspective
- Interest or knowledge of blockchain or cryptocurrencies
- Experience with popular task trackers (Jira, Asana or similar)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package with equity
- Three weeks paid vacation + 10 days company-wide holidays
- Fully remote work – flexible hours and location
- Company-issued laptop and work from home equipment
- Awesome in-person and virtual team-building events
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Your dream job without the unnecessary bureaucracy!
We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology!