Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
TextUs is looking for a Senior React Engineer to join our team and to help us build our applications. These include a UI, Chrome Extension and Mobile Application.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of writing software overall
- 3+ years of experience developing production React applications professionally
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment
- An included statement in your application on how you have worked with React at production scale
You are also
- Driven to create and maintain stable, re-usable interfaces in collaboration with our UX designers
- Proficient in writing excellent documentation to guide our partners, development and support teams.
- Excited to mentor junior developers in good development practices for clean code and reliable software. Someone that has empathy for others and enjoys helping them when they are stuck.
- Familiar with functional design patterns
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Passionate about the craft of programming, taking the time to think through hard problems and using your tools to develop reliable and maintainable software.
- Eager to maintain a robust CI/CD tooling, processes, testing, and procedures.
- Willing to take ownership of different sections of the application, becoming the go-to person on the team for all aspects of it, from planning and stories to QA and support questions.
This is our stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- React Native
- Material UI
- Heroku and AWS
Skills (Must Have)
- Functional React
- React Testing Library
Skills (Nice to Have)
- Material UI
- Job Type: Full Time
- Compensation Range: $130,000 - $150,000
- Location: Remote / Denver, CO
- # of hires for this role: 1
- Target Start Date: 4 weeks from offer date
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
By submitting your resume for this role - you consent to communication via email and text
- Interview w. Hiring Manager (30 mins via Zoom Video)
- Topics: Culture, leadership, skills, role overview
- Pairing Session w. Backend Team (2 hrs via Zoom Video)
- Topics: Culture, skills, role overview
- Rembrandt Assessment (Self Paced)
- The Rembrandt assessment allows TextUs to assess how your personality fits within the role and the TextUs culture.
- Q&A w. CTO (30 mins via Zoom Video)
- Topics: Culture, leadership, skills. Also, please come prepared with questions about the role, team, and product to ensure this role is the best fit for you.
Our Engineering Team is guided by high empathy and high responsibility. This means that we care about our engineers’ career trajectory and their thoughts on our product direction and implementation. Our engineers are trusted with autonomy: the latitude in how and when work gets done. We are a collaborative, learning and data-driven culture with an experienced and proven leadership team.
TextUs Benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- HSA contributions
- 401K with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity within the organization
- Cell phone + internet reimbursement for $100/month
- One-time $1,000 home office stipend once you’ve been with TextUs for 6 months
- Up to 12 weeks of Parental Leave
- 8 Observed Holidays + End of Year Shutdown
- U.S. remote first with optional WeWork office space in downtown Denver, CO
TextUs does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.