We're looking for an Engineering Manager with some back-end, dev ops, or analytics engineering experience. Our ideal candidate is highly technical, an effective people manager, and excited about the challenges and opportunities of management in a remote work environment.
Team, Culture, and Product
We're a 7-person engineering team in a 33-person company and are looking to rapidly and responsibly grow our team. We're remote-heavy, spread across three continents with hubs in Berlin and San Francisco. We aim to help mobile app developers make data-driven decisions about their marketing in a secure, privacy-centric, user-friendly way.
We run our web and data processing services on Amazon EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Services). Most of our web services are in Go and most of our data processing services are in Java. We also have legacy data collection and backend services that are written in Ruby.
We use Kafka and Flink to process events. We serve aggregated reports from Postgres and use S3, Redshift, and DynamoDB for long-term storage.
Our user-facing dashboard is a Ruby on Rails web application with a React JS frontend.
- Manage a team of engineers, including hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Help with planning and delivering projects
- Guide major architecture and software design decisions
- Establish a strong diverse, inclusive, welcoming culture
- Work with product management to define our roadmap and releases
- Develop and iterate on our existing processes to keep our team focused, informed, and excited about their project
- Some experience with Go, AWS, Kubernetes, or Kafka
- Experience with Git and Github or similar
- Deep engineering management experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience with Flink or a similar, such as Spark or Storm
- Experience with Redshift or a similar data warehouse, such as BigQuery or Snowflake
- Experience with real-time analytics data warehouses, such as Druid, Clickhouse, or Pinot
- Experience with Ruby, but for this role you'd be reading a lot more Ruby than you'd be writing (if any)
- Experience with Jira/Confluence or similar
- Annual budget for learning and personal development
- Budget for fitness/wellbeing activities
- Budget towards vacation activities -- accommodation, flights etc.
- Laptop and other equipment needed
- Fantastic bonus scheme
- Regular (virtual) Team Events
- Subsidized lunches
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible working arrangements: hours and location
- Company away days