Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, PST (UTC -8)
Statement is an award-winning branding and creative marketing agency for organizations focused on social impact. We partner with for-profit and nonprofit clients working to influence good in finance, health and wellness, technology, education, environment, and human rights.
We are looking for a charismatic creative to join our team as a contract associate design director. Whether you’re working on a website or designing a social post, we need an agile design player/leader who consistently delivers and directs exciting work. You believe the best work comes from teamwork and you thrive in collaborative environments. Our projects include brand strategy, brand identity, marketing roadmaps, websites and digital marketing campaigns.
While Chicago is Statement’s home base, we’re working virtually for now and our full team is distributed from coast to coast. Being in the Chicago area is a definite plus for this role, but we’re willing to look beyond our borders for the right fit. This is a 25-30 hour per week 3-month contract position with the potential to extend.
What you’ll need:
• 6-8+ years of experience in an agency setting or equivalent
• A well rounded background in brand and marketing. You’ve got a great range - there are a lot of websites, digital content marketing, campaign and branding projects under your belt.
• A knack for concept development. Work closely with our creative and account directors, strategists, pm’s, writers and designers and lead concept generation, establish design directions and oversee their successful finish through production.
• A strong systems thinking mindset, grasping the nuanced details of each client account while understanding how they fit into bigger picture
• An ability to act as a hybrid player/manager. You possess vision to identify which person needs to be executing the work, even if it's you. Depending on the project, you may generate concepts and take them all the way to pixel perfect execution and in other cases, you may lead designers purely from a creative direction perspective.
• Great communication and presentation abilities. You can sell and present your work both internally to colleagues and externally to clients through compelling narratives.
• Ability to work seamlessly within our tech stack: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, Asana, Slack, Google Drive
What you’ll do for us:
- Work with our for-profit and nonprofit social impact clients to create solutions across digital mediums.
- Lead client-facing strategy discussions and combine knowledge of the craft with an understanding of client goals to propose creative solutions
- Collaborate with account lead to determine creative deliverables aligned with account budget and timeline
- Approve work for assigned clients; delegate, review and approve work of copywriters/designers or contractors as needed
- Proactively track and share design trends, thought leadership, and technology with the rest of the team to stay fresh and up to date with industry trends and best practices.
What we’ll do for you:
- Give you the chance to build your creative and leadership skills.
- Encourage you to learn, experiment and bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Trust you to own your work and measure success by outputs, not inputs.
- Support you as a professional and a person – we’re a friendly and focused group of creatives who have fun together.
You’ll fit in here if you’re:
- A proactive go-getter
- A curious and passionate creative
This is a three-month contract position with potential to extend or come on board full-time.
To be considered, please send an email with the subject line “Associate Design Director Role” to email@example.com and include:
- Why you are interested in Statement and this role
- A link to your work and resume
- Your rates