At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
Springboard runs an online, self-paced Cyber Security Career Track in which participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor. Our mentor community - the biggest strength of our programs - comprises some of the best cybersecurity experts in the field.
If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about cybersecurity, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
Please reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completely online and self-paced
- Students become proficient in cybersecurity with the help of a curated online curriculum and project-based deliverables
- Coursework is made up of a 360 hour expert-curated curriculum in partnership with InfoSec Learning
- On average, students finish in 6 months; spending 15-20 per week on the course
- Students are working professionals from all over the world, dedicated to switching careers into cybersecurity
- Students have a weekly 30-minute check-in with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Students may communicate with mentors outside of calls on an as-needed basis to support learning and career objectives
- In addition to the mentors, students have a strong support network including full-time TAs, career coaches, unlimited mentors, a student advisor and a technical community manager
- Are as passionate about explaining principles of cybersecurity as about cybersecurity itself
- Proficient in the topics covered in our curriculum and are an expert on incident response, network scanning tools, vulnerability assessments, Kali Linux, and pCAP and log analysis, as well as basic Python and Powershell scripting
- Proficient with cybersecurity related tools/technologies that we use including WireShark, Nessus, Nmap/Kali Linux, Splunk, Snort, Pfense, Aircrack, Cain and Abel, Virtual Box, Hashcat, Webgoat and Linux
- Have at least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Hold current CISSP certificate; additional industry certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, SANS are preferred
- Are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins for each student to help them set and achieve learning goals, provide feedback, and help them move towards getting a job
- Able to spend up to an additional 30-minutes per call to review student submissions before the weekly call and prepare feedback to share with each student during the call
- Have experience critiquing work, in particular giving meaningful feedback on cybersecurity related work, and are able to think on your feet quickly
- Are empathetic, patient, have excellent communication skills, and can hold other accountable
- Receive a monthly per-call honorarium
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from companies like Apple, Microsoft, and Google
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help revolutionize online education and inspire the next generation of cybersecurity professionals!
- Work at your convenience: set your own working hours and workload
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.