Come work at SiteCare as a WordPress Developer, building, maintaining, and improving websites in meaningful ways. We’re passionate about the web, open source, and delivering a first-in-class client experience.
We serve many clients from startups to large well-known brands serving tens of millions of website visitors every month.
Before we dive into code and your day-to-day, there are a few things that are vitally important for every member of our team. They include:
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoyment from helping others.
- Willingness to raise a hand and ask for assistance when it’s needed.
- Personal accountability including completing tasks on time and communicating in advance if that’s not possible for some reason.
- Comfortable with communication in an asynchronous work environment (we use tools like Zoom, Github, ClickUp, and Slack.)
- Willingness to participate in quarterly professional development to continue skills development while working at SiteCare.
- Being flexible and adaptable to address high priority bugs or other issues as they arise.
- You’re able to ask smart questions that get to the core of the problem needing to be solved more quickly.
Developers at SiteCare work each day on a variety of client websites doing everything from update management and quality assurance testing, to new feature development and implementation. Most projects last days or weeks, but rarely months. And many projects start and finish on the same day.
You will scope incoming projects and provide accurate quotes for problem resolution or new feature creation. Common tasks might include debugging WooCommerce Subscriptions hiccups, building new landing pages, Core Web Vitals performance optimization, or designing a task automation system for internal sales lead flow. The day-to-day work at SiteCare is varied and ever-changing to deliver an exceptional experience to our clients and the rest of the SiteCare team.
Candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with the following technologies:
- Build tools like NPM/Gulp/Webpack
- PHP 7 (and 8 on the horizon)
- Local WordPress development tools such as Valet, DesktopServer, Local, or equivalent (our team Local, mostly)
WordPress Technologies We Use or Encounter Regularly at SiteCare
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
- Migrate DB Pro
- REST APIs
- Yoast SEO
Minimum requirements to qualify for this role
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a WordPress Developer
- You have a strong grasp and understanding of the WordPress theme structure, template hierarchy, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data.
- You are knowledgeable with Git version control and branching strategies (we use gitflow).
- You have a strong command of PHP, HTML, and Sass.
- You have experience using the command line, as well as build tools such as Gulp and Webpack.
- You have experience with the WooCommerce ecosystem.
- You’re able to write a WordPress plugin from scratch.
- You have a strong ability to communicate frequently and effectively through project tools such as Github, ClickUp, and Slack.
- You document and share your work, and always leave a project ready for a team member to collaborate on.
- Strong familiarity with web server technologies such as linux, mariadb/mysql, nginx/apache, PHP, Redis, Varnish, Memcached, etc.
Benefits of working at SiteCare
- A market-related salary based on your experience
- We’re a fully remote team with team members located in the US and South Africa.
- Work from wherever you have access to a fast internet connection.
- Quarterly profit distributions
- Quarterly personal development stipend of $200
- A technology stipend of $2000 for all new hires and a $2000 refresher stipend every 2 years.