Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
As our founding Data Analyst, you will work closely with all functions at Silo to ensure we have access to accurate data, digestible and flexible reports, and informative dashboards. You’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving reports and dashboards in our BI Tool, Mode, as well as finding opportunities for improvements. Our Data Scientist, Director of Operations, and Head of Finance will support your work and collaborate with you on making Silo’s data analytics function successful for years to come.
- Work cross-functionally to support organization with internal analytics (e.g. product, marketing, sales, customer support, ops, finance etc.)
- Support teams with defining and tracking key metrics
- Develop and maintain dashboards in BI Tool, Mode, in order to monitor metric progress, as well as understand and interpret key drivers
- Perform deep-dive analyses and support business decisions with actionable data-driven insights
- Help develop data models and pipelines to preprocess data for analytics
- Help building dashboards for external analytics.
- Contribute to the development of self-service analytics to enhance data access across organization
- Proactively recommend improvements that ensure data hygiene and our ability to receive accurate insights used to make strategic decisions
An ideal candidate would have:
- Technical skills: Strong SQL skills. High proficiency using one of the dash-boarding/BI tools (preferably Mode). Google spreadsheet/Excel. Minimum level 3
- Data Visualization: Can effectively convey the key message with a visualization. Uses a variety of visual aids, uses appropriate visualization for data (e.g. line or bar for time-series). Minimum level 3.
- Communication: Strong data storytelling skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders. Highly collaborative with experience working cross-functionally. Minimum level 3.
- Critical Thinking: Understands what question is being asked beyond what words are being used. Can break down the problem and find answers with data. Comfortable to develop and suggest metrics in line with company's objectives. Goes beyond the numbers and thinks critically about the "why". Minimum level 3.
- > 2 years of relevant experience in data, business, product analytics.
- Hands-on mindset
- Experience in a startup environment
- Python knowledge is a plus
- Experience with descriptive and inferential statistics is a plus