🚀 About SafetyWing
SafetyWing is building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone and is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
We're a team of 100, fully distributed stretching 14 timezones, while headquartered in San Francisco.
👩💻 About this role
This year we’re launching a new product - Remote Therapist - which will allow our customers to get therapy virtually. Providing mental health care is a core part of our mission to take care of our customers. We’re looking for our first therapist to primarily treat patients, but also help us improve the product as we expand.
The perfect person has two main qualities:
1) Is a trained cognitive behavioral therapist with experience and passion for treating patients (you will be responsible for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating up to 20 patients per week fully remotely)
2) Has an entrepreneurial drive to help us design and improve a brand new product offering
😀 We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
🧪 We are looking for someone who:
- Holds a Master’s degree (at minimum) with a focus in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and is trained in CBT for anxiety
- Is actively licensed for independent clinical practice and legally allowed to treat patients who may not reside in your home country
- Has malpractice insurance that covers virtual practice
- Is a native English speaker
- Experience living a nomadic lifestyle is a plus :)
🧘 What we offer:
- Fully remote work
- Competitive hourly rate
- A full team gathering about once a year. The last one was in Tulum, Mexico
We look forward to hearing from you!