We are looking for a Chief Insurance Officer with a deep appreciation for the unique challenges of the insurance business, but also someone who has passion and understanding of a start-up culture.
We are building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, and it is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
This role is equal parts strategy and leadership. We have four products in 2 markets (B2B and B2C), so the opportunities for expansion and new ideas are limitless.
💎 Your responsibilities will include
- Own the roadmap, vision, and execution of our insurance products development (new features, lines of business, etc.).
- Guide the product strategy with knowledge of the insurance industry, regulatory hurdles, and industry and operational challenges.
- Own the strategy for insurance at the operational level (e.g., claims handling, capacity, structure).
- Coordinate carrier partnership development and distribution strategy.
- You have solid experience building global insurance products and knowledge of cross-border licensing and distribution.
- A well-developed network in the global insurance industry.
- Background working in a fast-growing start-up, preferably from Series A and beyond.
- The knowledge and willingness to question established truths in the insurance industry.
- Extraordinary leadership ability: keen interest in listening, high energy, motivation to work collaboratively, and create the best working atmosphere. Challenge all ideas and enjoy being challenged
- Experience working in remote and geographically distributed teams.
😀 We like to work with people who
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
You will receive salary and equity compensation, health insurance, a laptop, a minimum of four weeks of the yearly vacation, personal development budget, attendance of professional conferences (and much more 😉).
We have a minimum of two annual team gatherings where you will join us. The previous gatherings were in Ljubljana, San Francisco, and Mexico.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SafetyWing was founded to support nomads like ourselves by building an adaptable software-based global social safety net.
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.