👋 Howdy! Stuart here, founder and CEO of Rivo :)
Are you a scrappy marketer, excited by the pace and autonomy of a fast-growing startup?
Interested in being a first marketing hire with the potential to grow into a head of Marketing seat?
Do you have experience in a position that sounds similar to this?
If so - awesome! Keep reading. If not - no worries, perhaps we'll cross paths in the future.
Who we are
We're Rivo! A fast-growing loyalty and reviews platform for large Shopify and Shopify Plus brands, serving over 132,000 ecommerce stores globally.
We’re a team of scrappy, fast acting, growth-minded people who like to GSD.
About the job
We’ve had tremendous success so far focusing solely on the Shopify app store, it’s now time for us to expand our efforts outside of this single channel.
This is a new role that will evolve over time. As our first in house marketer, you'll be helping us with the typical marketing table stakes, but big picture, you'll be working toward an overarching goal: increase the amount of qualified leads to our product.
We're an entirely remote team spread across 8 countries and 26 cities. This position is 100% remote. You'll have the freedom to work where you're the happiest and be a part of a team that cares about your success and well-being. We are in search of candidates located in North America to align with the same time zones.
What you’ll be doing
- Increase qualified traffic that converts
- Help drive the overall marketing strategy for the company
- Contribute to the bottom line of MRR
- Shaping and executing our content strategy
- If it’s marketing related - that’s you :)
Who you are
- You’re scrappy, fast and resourceful – You take marketing seriously and have a bias for getting 💩 done.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty – you know how to handle things yourself and take on a project from start to finish.
- You’re a numbers person who uses metrics as a compass - you enjoy moving graphs up and to the right and are comfortable with using metrics as the yardstick for success.
- You're open to learning – You're not afraid of new technology and challenges, you embrace the things you don't know.
- You've got a good eye – You're up to date on the best practices and industry standards across web design, and you're not afraid to break out of the mold.
- You're a go-getter – You're ready for a challenge and you strike when the iron's hot! You seek out opportunities to step up and go above and beyond.
- You love wearing lots of hats – The world is your wheelhouse! You're an all-rounder and you love doing something different every day.
- You're enthusiastic and independent – You're enthusiastic about solving problem, helping others and you can do your work and be on top of things with little supervision.
- You've got an entrepreneur mindset – You respect and admire the hustle! Our customers are entrepreneurial in nature and you've got an entrepreneurial mindset that wants to help every business succeed as if it were your own!
Nice to have's, but not required
- Experience with Shopify or Ecommerce
- Experience with Webflow
Things we love
- Living by our GAINS core values of Growth Mindset, Analyze Before Assuming, Iterate & Improve, Nurture Relationships, and Scrappy.
- Helping entrepreneurs to build awesome Shopify businesses.
- Having a stress-free work environment!
Things we avoid
Apply for the job
The ideal candidate will be located in North America (pacific, central, or eastern timezones). If you feel like this role is right up your alley, then submit your application! Please include a link or an attachment of your portfolio in the application. We look forward to hearing from you!