Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively
, Vault Health
, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
As a Staff Engineer on our Data team, you will be responsible for leading the development of products that deliver machine learning insights derived from our entire accumulated data ecosystem in order to power the Redesign innovation process. Overall, this process enables the creation of cutting-edge healthcare companies that are pushing the envelope of how healthcare is provided and forming the next generation wave of service. Effective use of data is vital for enabling this process to scale and meet our goals.
As our Staff Software Engineer, you will be required to design an efficient and effective product architecture, implement that architecture, and grow and lead a team of engineers in order to scale our execution. You must be able to both produce production-level code yourself, as well as manage and organize the production abilities of our growing team. You must be comfortable within a fast-paced, dynamic environment and able to iterate quickly in order to provide maximum value to our users.
This position will initially report to the Head of Data Science. The position can be fully remote within the United States or based out of our New York City headquarters.
Throughout the course of your work, you will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Product, Design, and Data Science functions in order to understand the requirements of the product.
- Implement an initial framework that will begin to deliver value for users as well as be flexible and extendable for the future.
- Understand all parts of the stack, from infrastructure to frontend, and be willing and able to dive in on implementation as the team grows.
- Refine and run the engineer hiring process for the core team.
- Manage and direct the work of the team as it is built out.
- 7-10 years of experience developing web applications, platform specific (AWS) and data applications
- 3+ years of experience managing product engineering teams
- Expertise in Python web frameworks (Flask or Django)
- Knowledge of React front-end development (React or Vue)
- Experience working with AWS IaaS offerings and monitoring and maintaining site reliability
- Proven ability to stand up new products within a start-up environment, at least one of which has been data intensive
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and communicate technical requirements and considerations effectively
- Ability to grow and lead engineers
- Ability to be flexible within a start-up environment
- Ability to structure technical work for a team of engineers and execute efficiently.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
In-office: New York, NY
Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here
, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program