Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively
, Vault Health
, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
As our Portfolio Finance & Accounting Manager, you will have the opportunity to closely partner with our growing network of healthcare portfolio companies (OpCos) that sit across a diverse range of business models and sub-sectors. You will play a critical role in supporting the launch and growth of our OpCo’s through leading the setup of their accounting & finance infrastructure. This process includes, but is not limited to payroll/benefits, enterprise accounting system, AP system, Bank/CC, internal control narratives, and other compliance related matters. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with the OpCo management team to provide financial analysis, as well as budget and cash flow management recommendations.
In this role, you will report to the Controller, and work with the entire Strategy & Finance and OpCo leadership team, either at Redesign’s New York office or remotely.
What you'll do:
- Portfolio Company Partnership:
- Manage the outside accounting team and deliver monthly financial package
- Develop close relationships with OpCo founding members and assist the team with budgeting setup and variance reporting management
- Work closely with the strategy team on seed funding, debt financing and other financing activities. Own Cash forecasting through Series A close
- Set up accounting & finance infrastructure from systems, reporting to internal controls
- Work with OpCo payroll manager to quote and set up the payroll system, benefits and other related employee insurance
- Work closely with outside firms, Redesign legal and tax team to support portfolio companies with other operational finance projects including but not limited to state and local registration, PC setup, sales tax, corporate tax, R&D, and annual filings
- Other Ad hoc reporting
- Redesign Platform Initiatives:
- Establish solid Finance and accounting infrastructure foundation for OpCo growth
- Bring key business insights to establish a foundation for tracking business performance and KPIs of our operating companies to aid in managing the businesses and reporting to investors; lay the groundwork for financial controls and future financings.
- Serve as a thought partner to Redesign team for OpCo’s financial performance or capital needs
What you'll need:
- 3-5 years of full charge accounting experience in a fast growing company or CPA firm
- Experience building and implementing new systems and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree with demonstrated records of career growth
- CPA or/and CMA
- Fluency in GAAP accounting
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Budgeting & Cash flow management
- Audit and tax experience
- Business insight: You know how businesses work and how organizations make money. You keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. You use knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions. You readily take action on challenges.
- Action Oriented: You readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. You identify and seize new opportunities. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You step up to handle tough issues. You take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Communicates Effectively: You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You attentively listen to others. You adjust to fit the audience and the message. You provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. You encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. You develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Ambiguity: You deal comfortably with the uncertainty of change. You effectively handle risk. You can decide and act without having the total picture. You are calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. You deal constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. You operate effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New dYork, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here
, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program