As a Front-End Engineer, you’ll take business requirements and leverage Voice of Customer to help us build a world-class user experience.
Is a redesign of one our systems on deck? You’ll help bring carefully crafted designs and wireframes to life. You will work alongside a team of other front-end engineers and UI/UX designers to ensure that the system we build is forward-looking and future friendly. You will be able to provide your input and ideas on how to architect and structure the new system so that it becomes clean, scalable and maintainable code.
Did a critical bug pop in the system? You will help us quickly identify the source of such bug and figure out the best available patch to ensure our clients are only briefly affected by it.
Are we building a new feature or adding an enhancement for an existing product? You will help us scope the feature in order to determine timelines and translate it into technical requirements. You'll help us build an end product that meets the requirements and keeps our projects on-time. When you are working on an enhancement that does not require a design, you are comfortable implementing the UI using existing front-end patterns.
Is new front-end code ready to be merged into the codebase? Help us keep our code clean, readable and scalable and provide any necessary suggestions to your peers to ensure that the code is top quality and meets all established standards.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 3 + years experience with React, Webpack and Babel
- GitHub experience (or some other method of version control)
- High Attention to detail
- Strong Front-end Skillset
- Aptitude for critical thinking and solving problems with complex constraints
- Being able to deliver production ready code that includes research, thinking about user experience and optimization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Things that help you stand out:
- Experience with Jest or any other unit test library
- Experience in older front-end tools like jQuery and Gulp
- Familiarity with the BEM CSS naming convention
- Experience building and maintaining CSS libraries
- Experience using Node.js
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company building products that help nonprofits fundraise more effectively so they can change the world
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision, dental insurance, fitness plan reimbursement, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- A flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Paid volunteer time off so you can make good things happen in your community
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (after 12 months of employment)
- Time off to vote
- The hardware you need to get the job done!
- We value our employees’ health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lots of Qgiv gear to add to your wardrobe (we have some of the softest shirts around)!
Who are we?
Qgiv is a fast-growing technology company with a history of delivering innovative solutions that empower nonprofit organizations and their fundraising programs. Qgivers are active learners and collaborators, motivated by the work our customers do and the impact they’re making on the world.
We’re guided by our core values: empathy, introspection, honesty + integrity, persistence, openness, respect, and passion. We work hard to meet deadlines and goals, but we also take time to celebrate and have fun! When we’re in the office (darn you, COVID!), we enjoy game nights, potlucks, costume and office decorating competitions, a monthly birthday cake, and more free snacks and beverages than should be allowed. While remote, we stay connected through video and Slack, weekly coffee talks, and virtual Town Hall meetings.
By joining the team, you’ll have the support and encouragement to do remarkable things every day. We face challenges together and we win together. And together, we deliver world-class solutions that transform the way our nonprofit customers fundraise so that they can have a greater impact on the world around us.
Can you provide the necessary documentation to prove that you are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or a foreign national with authorization to work in the United States?
Qgiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our products and services benefit from diverse backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, pregnancy, medical conditions, veteran status, physical [dis]ability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.