Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose? In 2015 Project Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this call. With our fifth academic year upon us, our toolkits + trainings have journeyed to over 20,000 students, 1000 teachers, 200 schools across 25 states and 20 countries.
With our $1.5M seed funding secured, and having earned a net profit in 2020, we are now pushing our expansion across the country + globe. Our goal is to continue to double our impact and revenue each year for the coming years. Our vision is to become the preeminent Social Emotional Learning curriculum company in the world - leading the global movement of purpose learning, meaning making and belonging-based education world wide.
WHAT WE VALUE
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities each person's role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organization's larger sense of purpose.
Read this article by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value access, equity, diversity, and belonging. This is represented primarily in three ways: our product, our staff, and our schools.
Product: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Our team is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners from traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Learn more: Project Wayfinder Team + School Partners
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer passionate about writing elegant code and crafting beautiful user interfaces. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design mockups to functional code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
The application you help to build and scale is currently used by tens of thousands of students across the US and the world.
This role will primarily work on the front-end app built in Vue and Quasar, although having experience with Rails and Stimulus on the back-end is an asset. As a small remote team, it is important to be able to work independently and efficiently using GitHub, Slack and Trello.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations- such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Fix bugs and make improvements to existing code
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Consume JSON from existing backend REST APIs
- Focus on responsiveness for large desktops to small devices
- Follow existing design patterns and coding conventions
- Embrace product design principles and UI guidelines
- Understand and implement accessibility standards
- Develop with a focus of the end user in mind
- Communicate efficiently via GitHub, Slack and Trello
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
At a high level, we are looking for a talented front-end developer that loves building web apps using Vue and embraces software development philosophies of Rails like DRY, KISS, MVC, and convention over configuration.
- Vast experience using Vue and Vuex to create reactive web applications
- Past knowledge building hybrid mobile apps using frameworks like Quasar and/or Ionic Framework
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience installing modules using package managers like NPM and Yarn
- Experience of version control using Git including clone, checkout, push, pull, merge, etc
- Communicate efficiently and work independently using Slack and Trello
- Self driven and passionate about writing simple, elegant and self documenting code
- Experience with back-end development using Ruby On Rails, StimulusJS, Bootstrap, Devise, Redis, Postgres
- Knowledge using front-end storage like IndexedDB and LocalStorage
- Knowledge adding multilingual support using i18n
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including tools and solutions
- Experience using services like Heroku, Sentry, Intercom, Firebase, etc
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don't work at the office every day.
- ...And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
Remote work. This role is remote, but requires you to be available for calls for at least 4 hours between 9am-5pm US Central Time. As such this role can be anywhere where you can commit to working half the day to overlap with that timezone, and will not require relocation once COVID is over.