We make elegant iOS-based photo booths connected to peripherals like printers, DSLR cameras, and LEDs. Our iOS app and React web-based product are both powered by a Node API, MongoDB database, and several microservices.
If you are a kind, respectful, and thoughtful QA engineer who wants to do hands-on manual and automated testing as well as provide technical guidance and leadership to the other QA engineers, we're looking for you!
You'll be working on a small team of QA engineers, collaborating with product and development teams, and doing a combo of manual testing + building automated test suites so we can deliver outstanding, bulletproof products. We're looking for your guidance and experience to help us improve our releases and processes, as well as guide and mentor other QA engineers.
You'd be working in a collaborative, remote-first environment, but we respect the need for independent and heads-down deep work, so we don't have a lot of meetings or bureaucracy. If you are looking for a workplace that respects you as a person, and will both expect and help you to perform at your best, we are the place for you!
- Help us build great software!
- Make recommendations for how to improve overall software quality.
- Recommend and implement QA process improvements.
- Develop manual testing plans for the product suite--and then do them!
- Develop and maintain automated test suites to prevent bugs and regressions.
- Provide technical guidance for other QA engineers.
- Provide technical oversight for our automated test suite.
- Most importantly, you MUST be kind, respectful, and thoughtful. Strong opinions are very welcome. Jerks are not.
- Secondly, you must be willing to work in the context of a team. Yes, many of your deliverables will be due to heads-down QA, but you can't work in a vacuum or ivory tower.
- Hands-on work experience as a QA engineer doing manual testing
- Hands-on work experience as a QA engineer building automated test suites (we are currently using a Selenium-based tool)
- Track record of helping teams QA high-quality, battle-tested software.
- Experience working on cloud-based software, preferably a SaaS.
- Experience with all the basics: Agile PM tools like Trello, Asana, Shortcut, Jira; communication tools like Slack, etc
- We are a remote-first company, but you need several hours of overlap with Pacific Time so you can collaborate synchronously with the team. You will need to confirm that you reside within GMT-8 to GMT-3.
🏥 Health Benefits
👴 401K for California Based Employees
📚 Education Stipend
💰 Bonus Plan
🏝️ Annual Retreat
✈️ Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
💼 Quarterly Financial Meetings
📊 Open Book Management
💪 Intimate Team