Parasol is an innovative and fast moving consumer products company. We focus on developing products for the adventures of parenthood. From baby to toddler to family, our products are all designed to be fun and eco-friendly. We have an exciting fast-paced path ahead of us full of growth, innovation, and creative development. We are looking for motivated individuals to join our core team. This is a remote position, however if you are local to the Orange County area we will have occasional in person meetings at our We Work location.
We are looking for a full stack developer.
Front-end: Developer with experience working with Shopify CMS deploying for both Web and Mobile. Experience working closely with design team at multiple stages of product design cycle, including project onset to provide insight on engineering feasibility/timeline. Most importantly, working with UI/UX designers during handoff phase, leveraging design files (predominantly design in Sketch) to build intended experiences and features. Experience working within an existing design system, helping manage existing components along with component documentation.
Back-end: Controls the design and development of our Shopify solutions on both desktop and mobile. Your role would be to ensure that the Shopify website meets all our business objectives, has high uptime, runs smoothly, processes information accurately, and meets ecommerce security and privacy standards. You will work closely with the CEO and the marketing team to meet these business objectives.
· Develop new user-facing features on Shopify website
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize website for maximum speed and scalability
· Collaborate with other team members on designs, concepts, functionality and any unique features you believe will enhance the overall design and user experience.
· Sketch, InVision App, and Adobe CC experience is a major plus as we primarily work across these programs/platforms
· Have a passion for design
· Act as the single point of contact for all Shopify related projects, maintenance, and support.
· Define scope and requirements, design system changes, estimate level of effort, develop and implement projects according to scope and timeline
· Maintain awareness of current technology standards , releases, security best practices and emerging trends in Ecommerce and in Shopify administration and development. Proactively implement as needed by business environment.
· Evaluate, configure, implement and document new business features to support internal stakeholder business requirements.
· Design and execute testing scenarios for new feature implementation
· Monitor and investigate ecommerce analytics for changes in performance and usability, such as page load times, bounce rate, conversion, etc.
· Lead Shopify roadmap development to include upgrades, extensions, and native and 3rd party Shopify feature implementations
· Perform data modeling, data mapping, data transformation and data standardization to ensure integrity of data fields, processing accuracy and compliance with Shopify best practices.
· Troubleshoot escalated issues with Shopify and provide after hours on-call support as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of Shopify administration and web development and deployment in a sizable, complex systems environment
· Experience administering and developing large-scale Shopify solutions with over 10000 online customers
· Hands-on experience developing and customizing Shopify themes and templates.
· Expert knowledge of Shopify APIs and Liquid templates
· Deep expertise in front end related languages, Shopify and understanding of back end languages and technologies.
· Experience with creating Shopify landing pages, Shopify API integrations, theme customizations, responsive themes, extensions and web services.
· Experience developing Shopify cart scripts.
· Strong understanding of Shopify features and functionality, standard objects, and data structures.
· IT project management experience – assess, analyze, design, plan, execute, test, deploy and support new system capabilities
· Experience with Shopify usage in other ERPs
· Experience using Google Analytics to analyze ecommerce trends
· Proficiency with SEO best practices, digital marketing, email marketing and conversion rate optimization
· Desire to continuously learn and stay current with industry developments and trends
· Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and the proven ability to work effectively with numerous stakeholders and contributors, both internally and externally
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both business and technical audiences
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills with astute attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, with an ability to mitigate risk, communicate effectively, and facilitate problem resolution
· Ability to self-manage and motivate, to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time, using sound judgment