Time zones: GMT (UTC +0)
Lead Full-Stack Engineer
Onko Health is hiring a remote full-stack engineer for our cancer support platform, becoming technical lead for our all-new team.
We’re a healthtech scaleup company. Our app blends remote support and coaching from expert oncology practitioners with self-help approaches, backed by a data handling platform. We serve a number of UK healthcare providers and NHS trusts, delivering improved outcomes for patient health and care giving. We're preparing to bring development in-house, with a new engineering team to deliver upon our ambitious growth plans.
With guidance from our Head of Engineering you'll help define, design and build the evolution of our clinician-facing web application, the platform, and integration with our patient-facing mobile app, as well as influencing our culture and methods.
Because of the need to deliver scheduled features, fix bugs, and respond to the needs of newly onboarded customers, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable working with users, and offshore colleagues while we form a new team, and who still relishes lots of hands-on work.
We place equal emphasis on front and back-end, being particularly mindful of quality, resilience, and data security. Your personal coding focus may be oriented towards the back-end, or across whole stack, we can be flexible.
Once up to speed, your remit may include aspects such as
- With HoE, co-owning the architecture and code base of our web application and back-end
- Helping set the technical direction and writing clean, robust code to provide a secure, scalable and reliable platform
- Exploring algorithmic methods in data science, for improved health and care outcomes
- Working with our VHoE on roadmap, deliverables and hiring aims
- Collaborating with our with our multidisciplinary team to take product features from concept to delivery, integrated with our mobile app
- Keeping up to date with trends in software development, technology and healthtech
- Upholding compliance, regulation, data and accessibility requirements
- Mentoring junior staff, imparting best practices
- Third line support, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Establishing CI/CD pipelines, and shaping a DevOps approach
- Evolving our development culture, methods and tooling
- Automating tests and upholding quality
We're looking for
- Someone with broad full-stack engineering abilities
- Excellent technical understanding of software engineering and data security principles
- Comfortable with architecting web applications - or ready to grow into this
- Technology agnostic and adept with Node.js, plus familiarity with a modern JS framework (we're currently using Angular) and/or TypeScript
- Optionally, a good understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Skilled in API development
- Appreciation for documentation, quality and best practice
- Experience with Git/GitHub, and running CI/CD pipelines
- Good technical familiarity with AWS Cloud services
- Competent with SQL and MySQL/similar admin
- A pragmatic application of Agile (both Scrum & Kanban) methodologies
You may also bring - or like to gain - skills or knowledge around any of
Influencing architecture, technology choice | mobile app development - e.g. Swift/Java/Kotlin, Firebase | secure coding practises, OWASP Top 10 | DevOps culture, pipeline automation | offshore collaboration, onshoring | mentoring engineers | Lean | algorithms and data science | establishing ETL pipelines and querying data warehouses
Salary and benefits
- £70,000 - £90,000 - reviewed at six months - we're keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for formative team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and 5 days unpaid leave
- Flexible working practices - tell us what you need - e.g. optional four day week
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
Location: fully remote, within the UK only. We'll get-together in person in London (Paddington), from time-to-time, monthly at most, and with good notice.
Please note, we can only consider candidates that hold an established right to work in the UK.
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @andrew_techfolk
RECRUITERS: Onko Health has selected techfolk as its exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling or speculative applications are not welcomed.