Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Job Description: Sr. Web Application Developer (SignUpGenius)
About Lumaverse Technologies:
Lumaverse Technologies helps nonprofits and schools build active communities—our solutions make it easier for members, volunteers, donors, event attendees, and parents to get involved and stay informed. Anchored by SignUpGenius, America’s #1 sign up app, Lumaverse touched over 190M customers in 2021 in our mission to build group technology solutions that light the way to increased engagement, data-driven insights, and streamlined group management.
When you work with Lumaverse, you’re signing up to tackle challenges, work side-by-side with amazing and talented teammates and discover your maximum potential. You’ll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to a creative, fun, and caring culture.
SignUpGenius, a Lumaverse Technologies company, is seeking a Sr. Web Application Developer to be an integral part of our software development team testing best-in-class advancements in our products. You’ll analyze requirements and design and develop automation scripts to validate functionality.
· Participate in day-to-day scrum activities.
· Plan, estimate, and execute new development projects.
· Develop API components using Node.js in a microservice architecture
· Develop responsive and AJAX-base UI views, interfacing with backend technologies.
· Develop using current standard web techniques in CSS3, HTML5, TypeScript, etc.
· Develop using various document types including XML, JSON, SVG, etc.
· Refactor existing features to improved performance and/or scalability.
· Writing/optimizing SQL queries for efficiency to improved database performance.
· Interface with third-party partners by building solutions (i.e., APIs).
· Contribute to the ongoing technical growth.
· Occasional presentations on technology-related topics, leading discussions team discussions.
· Occasional interaction with and supporting our users regarding complex problems experienced on the site.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in developing high availability web applications for a medium to large audience.
· Familiar with each step of a software development lifecycle.
· Excellent experience with web application design patterns.
· Strong experience developing web applications using Node.js with Nest.js framework or equivalent.
· Excellent knowledge of one or more of these server-side programming languages: Node.js, Java, Python, .NET, Go, Ruby, etc.
· Excellent knowledge and experience in one or more of these frameworks: Nest, Express, Meteor, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
· Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB, etc.
· Excellent knowledge and experience in building REST APIs and software integrations.
· Knowledge and experience web accessibility standards.
· Knowledge in domain-driven design patterns.
· Knowledge of one or more of these styling frameworks: SASS, SCSS, LESS, CSS, Bootstrap, XML, AJAX, CSS, Bulma, Tailwind.
· Experience with cloud server architecture from Amazon AWS or equivalent.
· Experience or familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and processes in simple terms.
· Outstanding task and time management skills.
· Ability to interact well in a team environment.
· A positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
Terms of Employment:
· Full time
· Work location: Remote within U.S.
· Salary: DOE
· Benefits: group health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, life insurance, disability, 8 holidays, unlimited PTO, employee-centric giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development, and more.