Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
Product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is well versed in VMWare.
This position is permanently remote for the right candidate.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Specify and prioritize market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing interactions with prospects and -customers.
- Define prioritized product requirements with input from Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance, and R&D/Engineering
- Analyze potential partner relationships for products
- Oversee product development including making tradeoffs decisions and facilitating internal communications with Marketing, Sales, Support, and Engineering
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute including leading beta and pilot programs as appropriate
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for products
- Be able to support the marketing and sales efforts related to products (e.g., assist with development of content for collateral, help shape product demonstrations)
- Understand the key statistics associated with products including revenue, profitability, usage, and customer satisfaction and drive utilization to make product lifecycle decisions
- Act as a leader within the company
- Participate in the incident management process as required to support overall issue resolution and system and/or service restoral as outlined in the Liquid Web Incident Management Process
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Product Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven experience in a job in the Web Hosting or Private/Public Cloud market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background with experience and understanding of servers, storage, networking, security, and web hosting
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience with Agile software development ideally as a product owner
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Systems analysis and project management skills
- Self starter with high degree of initiative, and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional VMWare experience
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.