The Senior Systems Developer is a core development team member. It is a role for a hands-on technical leader collaborating as part of a close-knit core team:
- Actively leading and participating in the design, integration, implementation and management of the interTouch enterprise information technology environment, with a primary focus on the core High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) product and associated infrastructure.
- Working closely with the Product Management Team and other stakeholders to understand the evolving needs of customers and other stakeholders, and transform these needs into shipped product advancements.
- Leading and collaborating as the situation demands with other members of the development team to evolve innovative, reliable, secure and robust solution designs and product architecture.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND COVERAGE
- Contribute to provide innovative, robust solutions to complex technical challenges within the evolving Hospitality IT market.
- Systematically optimize solutions based on functionality, performance and security requirements.
- Work as part of a globally-distributed team.
- Keep abreast of all relevant developments and applications of emerging technology, security updates and development techniques.
- Promote leading software development best practices and actively contribute to the continuous improvement of team practices, processes, and quality
- Be responsible for the quality and timely delivery of components, applications and associated technical documentation.
- Provide guidance, technical advice and mentoring to other development staff as well as key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to design and deliver complex software solutions
- Demonstrable high level of competence with Python and Django
- Demonstrable experience designing solutions for cloud deployment e.g. AWS or other providers
- Ideally, recent project experience in one of more of the following areas:
o RESTful JSON APIs
o Relational database products e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL
o Non-relational database products e.g. REDIS
o Low-level network programming in a UNIX/Linux environment
o IEEE 802.1x protocol and network technologies such as SNMP
o Asynchronous solution design
o Experience with Ruby/Rails
- Good understanding of relational database design concepts, administration and general techniques
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, tools and practices
- Strong Linux operations and scripting skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 5 years professional software design and development, working in small teams of 3 or more and delivering significant products.
- At least 2 years professional software development experience as a technical lead or equivalent role
- Ideally, project delivery experience in the Travel, Hospitality or Telecommunications industries
- Experience delivering projects using agile methods such as Scrum
- Formal education in modern software development practices. Ideally a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or other field with a strong software development component.
Ideal Personal Profile
- Self-starter/“Get things done” attitude - willing to take the initiative to get the job done
- Collaborative orientation - able to foster and encourage cross-functional teamwork
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things Python