Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on unique technology solutions for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals across the globe.
We’re seeking an experienced Marketing Lead who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing team.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 😺
You will join Instinct to build our marketing organization collaborating closely with sales, product management, and senior leadership to develop the messaging and positioning for all products and direct go-to-market activities. The Marketing Lead will oversee Instinct Science branding, corporate communications, product positioning and messaging, go-to-market campaigns, content creation, sales enablement, creative direction, and all aspects of demand generation, including inbound and outbound marketing, to drive sales leads aligned with revenue goals.
The ideal candidate is up for the challenge of being our first marketing hire to both strategize and execute on building our marketing functions.
The successful candidate is professional, responsible, caring, has deep knowledge of the software as a service marketing tools and must have solid business acumen. They will be entrepreneurial, ambitious, and detail-oriented, have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and be motivated by working on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape the entire veterinarian profession, while offering the right individual a growth path to become a company functional leader.
This position will require semi-regular travel for sales/marketing purposes and to customer locations and conference events.
Responsibilities May Include (but aren't limited to) 💪
- Develop product positioning, messaging, and personas with the ability to customize to various industries or specific target organizations
- Manage and execute our Pick the Brain blog and oversee other educational content
- Build and execute global messaging that positions Instinct Science solutions as differentiated and market leading
- Develop technical material that will engage veterinary professionals to gain interest in our products.
- Partner with a creative team to manage web site content, including core messaging on home page, product pages, SEO landing pages.
- Manage and grow our peer ratings, reviews, and NPS via various channels
- Direct development of corporate branding—including vision, voice, and verbal and visual identity—to convey consistent corporate presence in the market
- Collaborate closely with the product team to develop product messaging and positioning, aligned with corporate goals
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited university
- 3+ years of Marketing Management experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Familiarity with cloud software and SaaS business models.
- Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding of project management principles.
- Working knowledge of various software tools such as Google Suite and photo and video-editing software.
Bonus Experience 💡
- Experience with Hubspot
- Work/knowledge with modern software companies
- Previous work/knowledge of health care or veterinary industry
- Previous remote remote work, preferably as part of a small growing team at scale
A Sneak Peek at Team Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
We’re guided by one thing: helping veterinary hospital teams excel. To that end, your work contributions will greatly shape the workflows, staff happiness, and patient care for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
- We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment
- We pay our team well (flexible based on experience)
- We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
- We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
- We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
- We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats
Learn More About Us 👓
- Our blog called Pick the Brain that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.