Time zones: JST (UTC +9)
, CST (UTC +8)
, WIB (UTC +7)
, MMT (UTC +6:30)
, BST (UTC +6)
, NPT (UTC +5:45)
, IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
, IRDT (UTC +4:30)
, GST (UTC +4)
Human Made is a globally distributed* company that helps organisations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as TechCrunch, CapGemini and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large-scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
As an Engineering Manager you will oversee the design and development of software applications, while directing the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development.
You will be expected to be responsible for the wellbeing and ongoing professional development of everyone on your team. The role of Engineering Manager is to support individuals, and your goal should be to enhance project development through the excellence of those in your team. You will be the primary point of contact for them to come to with any difficulties that they are facing. You should have a thorough knowledge of the challenges of working in engineering, delivering projects to clients, and of the unique problems of remote work.
Working with the engineering management team and the Director of Engineering, you will actively contribute to defining engineering standards and strategic direction for the engineering teams at Human Made.
You should be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You will be expected to gather feedback on anyone you support; you should be able to process that feedback and be comfortable delivering it in a constructive manner.
While it is not required that you be an expert in every technology used at Human Made, you should have a broad knowledge of them so that you are able to support and direct members of your team, while also assisting projects with software architecture and development.
- Extensive team leadership experience in a software engineering role, guiding larger projects in producing great outcomes
- Broad understanding of technologies used by Human Made, e.g. WordPress, React, APIs, software architecture etc
- Excellent communication, team building and organisational skills
- Experienced and capable of identifying an individual’s areas for improvement
- Experience with gathering constructive feedback and delivering it to team members
- Confident addressing interpersonal issues
- Experienced in a remote working environment
- Competitive salary by local market standards
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 day maximum holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer when you need it
- New mobile phone after probation, and an upgrade every two years
- Office equipment when you need it after probation
We strongly encourage you to submit an application if you think you meet the requirements, are familiar with Human Made, feel excited about joining the team, and last but not least, will put effort into making your application stand out by adding a well-written cover letter, and your most updated CV, which should include your career background and tasks/achievements that relate to this role.
Additional links about our Hiring Process
*Human Made is a remote and globally distributed organization. However, due to the remote nature of our team, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply.