Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
As a Software Engineer on the Motorsports team, you will work primarily with Node/Vue.js, ColdFusion, and AWS to improve our platform and build greenfield experiences. Vroom vroom!
MotorsportReg.com is the best place to organize, find and attend auto, motorcycle or kart racing and motorsport events. We are like a turbocharged Eventbrite for clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies who host events with engines: racing, track days, autocross, karting, drifting, motorcycles and rally. We hope you're the next great person to join our team!
Ready to get in the driver’s seat? Join us!
What you’ll do
- Think, plan, and work in terms of outcomes as measured by our customers
- Regularly ship high quality, secure software using modern practices with automation like unit testing, continuous integration, development, and deployment pipelines
- Build and run front-end architecture experience including internationalization (i18n), real-time push/websockets, queues, and UI components
- Design and build APIs for internal and public consumption
- Collaboratively solve problems from initial design to production. This includes surfacing impediments proactively, communicating responsively, driving it to completion and supporting it post-deploy
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, continuous improvement, and inclusion
This might describe you
- Enjoy and have experience building customer centered products
- Experience with complex data models - the ability to visualize and design complex data relationships in a platform with hundreds of database tables
- Experience designing and building public APIs consumed by third party developers
- Are passionate for developing clean, stable, and maintainable code
- Believe automated tests, observability, and monitoring are pivotal to stable software
- Are familiar with modern CI/CD practices
- Familiarity of public company requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley and key regulations, if applicable
- Expertise with Node, Vue.js & Typescript
- Expertise using cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, RDS, SNS, MQ, etc.
- Proficiency with Node and Nuxt
- Experience with GraphQL and RESTful API development
- Experience with internationalization (i18n), real-time push/WebSockets, and messaging queues
- Experience with ColdFusion/CFML including OO usage of CFCs, MVC frameworks, dependency injection, and ORM
Other things to note
This position can be worked as remote position within the United States.
Say hello to Hagerty
Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand and the world’s largest membership organization for car lovers. Along with being a best-in-class provider of specialty insurance for enthusiasts, Hagerty is also home to DriveShare®, the Hagerty Drivers Foundation, Garage + Social, Hagerty Drivers Club, MotorsportReg and so much more. Committed to saving driving for future generations, each and every thing Hagerty does is dedicated to the love of the automobile.
Hagerty is a rapidly growing company that values a winning culture. We provide meaningful work for, and invest in, every single team member.
At Hagerty, we share the road. We are an inclusive automotive community where all are welcomed, valued and belong regardless of race, gender, age or car preference. We are united by our shared passion for driving, our commitment to preserve car culture for future generations and our desire to make a positive impact in the world.If you reside in the following jurisdictions: Colorado, California, Washington, New York, or Jersey City, New Jersey, please email email@example.com for compensation, comprehensive benefits and the perks that set us apart.