Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
You apply knowledge of CS principles and web development best practices every day to constantly innovate and improve the Managed WordPress platform. You seek to automate, instrument, and make data driven decisions. You strive to enable our business partners and end-customers to connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development best practices. You are comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology. You can develop new software libraries, features and entire services or applications.
What you'll get to do...
- Be hands-on with the most important objectives within the Managed WordPress Product.
- Optimize the development of the WordPress platform to run on any infrastructure (on-premise / AWS)
- Ensure the Managed WordPress Platform is instrumented to measure performance, availability, quality, and business KPIs
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 4+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Strong knowledge of distributed data stores: Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, or Redis
- Strong knowledge of batch and streaming data platforms: Hadoop, EMR, Kinesis, or Kafka
- Strong knowledge with ELK stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic or Icinga
- Strong knowledge with Metric Collection tools: Prometheus and Grafana
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines, GitHub Actions)
- Experience with cloud technologies & services: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with open source cloud technologies: OpenStack and Kubernetes / Nomad
- Experience with workload containerization using Docker
- Knowledge of backend runtimes such as HTTPD, Nginx, HAProxy, Varnish
- Knowledge of Python, C, PHP, and Go
- Knowledge with distributed file stores, Virtual Filers, Object Stores (Ceph, ZFS, S3)
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet
), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture
). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.