Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
The compensation for this role is $80k - $130k USD.
This is a Remote Position but only USA Candidates should apply.
- We're a small team, half technical, half not so technical.
- We're fully-remote with team members in time zones around the world.
- We've been in business for over 10 years and we're profitable.
- We offer flexible hours and vacation time.
What The Job Is
- Integrating with third party APIs and web scraping.
- Light project management. You should be comfortable assembling and creating epics and breaking them into smaller deliverables.
- Sometimes becoming the resident expert on new subjects or technologies. You may be asked to figure out how we might use a new technology to help inform decisions about the company's direction.
- Helping out across the entire company. You'll help share the load with things like dealing with vendors, monitoring logs and verifying things are running as they should, supporting our internal teams with ad-hoc SQL queries, managing contractor deliverables, and being the go-to person for questions.
- Comfortable working with Docker, git, MySQL/MariaDB.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A self-starter attitude and the willingness to chip in where needed.
- Database design, optimization.
- AWS operations and configuration (Terraform, Ansible, Packer).
- Solo entrepreneur experience.
- UI/UX, design, or marketing experience.
This Job is Right For You if
- You know your way around software development from soup to nuts. You've created, deployed, and maintained a large system with high uptime requirements, large databases, and lots of moving parts.
- You're self-motivated and like to jump right in; there isn't anybody looking over your shoulder.
- You feel a sense of ownership of your code. There is no QA team on the other side of the wall -- you're the last person between writing the code and supporting it.
- You respect Chesterton's Fence. Our codebase spans a decade and you strive to thoroughly understand a problem before you implement solutions.
If you're a good fit, please send your resume and a couple paragraphs about how your experience applies to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to hearing from you!