Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
Salary dependent on location and experience, can be provided upfront
Customer Solutions - Front End Designer
is a global company with a product that is 100% open source. Our team is 70 people and growing. We’re transforming the online community space. Our product powers a substantial segment of successful online communities, with >30,000 Discourse instances globally. We have thousands of paying customers, with a growing number of Fortune 500 companies on our list, alongside many leading players in the fast-growth technology, gaming and blockchain/web3 spaces. We're looking for someone located in a US timezone.
About the job
Working with Discourse customers to implement custom themes & components for their communities. Maintaining theme additions & changes for long-term Discourse client sites.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with one or more Discourse Customer Success Managers to meet client needs & expectations while working with them to decide on design related priorities
- Maintain client-specific design requirements
- Implement large batches of design changes to already existing client themes & theme components
- When things are busy you’ll work on multiple ongoing customer projects and during quieter times you’ll look for ways to develop new open-source themes for Discourse communities
- You will also lend a hand with support on our Meta forum and directly with customers via email
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a strong knowledge of HTML, CSS (we use SASS), and web standards
- Experience building themes for Discourse is preferred
- Experience interpreting brand guidelines and implementing design that conforms to them
At Discourse, the ability to communicate well in writing is paramount. We use our own software, Discourse, for most communication and most of your interaction with customers and team members will be in writing. In order to live these values, we look for folks who are:
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and organized
- Able to make decisions quickly and communicate effectively
- Work well independently and remotely
- Kind to their co-workers
- Highly driven with an execution focus and a strong belief in our mission to make the internet a better place
About our Pay & Benefits
We believe that high-quality benefits make our team more effective. We’ve been thoughtful about our benefits package
which includes a completely flexible schedule, 5 weeks of vacation per year, funding for a co-working stipend, and much more!
Our Salary Framework is location and experience based and we’re happy to provide a range up front.
Lastly, we believe in having a welcoming workplace where people with diverse backgrounds and cultures can create something great together. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification! Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.