Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer to take ownership across the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement, psychological safety, and great communication and collaboration.
As an important part of our team, you’ll partner closely with our Engineering and Product teammates, as well as our Marketing and Customer Success Teams. You’ll report to our Engineering Manager, Rimsky Johnston.
This is a great opportunity to come into a focused team and build out processes and structures that will elevate the entire Engineering department.
- Our back-end is written in Python and built using Django.
- Our infrastructure is hosted within AWS and follows the well-architected framework.
- Our processes are driven by automation, experimentation, observability and security.
How you've been spending your time:
- Exceptional communication skills and can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience creating and maintaining high-performant software in a remote-first environment.
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following technologies (Django, Python, Redis, MySQL, AWS).
- Proven track record of delivering well-designed, well-tested and performant software solutions within an agile environment.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities that can help execute the organizations’ technical strategy.
How you'll spend your time at Cube:
- Consistently writing production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Fostering a culture of observability across teams and helps them use data to suggest improvements.
- A big part of your role will be to help your teammates work more efficiently and effectively. You’ll proactively find ways to overcome obstacles, resolve blockers and complete tasks at the team-level.
- Key contributor to how we communicate and collaborate within their team and other teams. Responsible for fostering a psychologically safe environment, and respectfully holds others accountable to this.
- Take ownership of practices and processes and continuously focus on their improvement.
- Has an expert understanding of the deployment process and strategies and actively searches for opportunities to improve them.