ConvertKit is a delightful creator marketing platform built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our creator marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
The Lifecycle Marketer role at ConvertKit will be an excellent opportunity for someone who has extensive experience with CRM and email marketing campaigns. You should have a proven track record of growing and managing large email lists, creating highly targeted automated and one-off email campaigns, and using email and in-app messaging campaigns to drive overall product usage and revenue growth.
- Hit monthly/quarterly/yearly activation and revenue targets through lifecycle campaigns
Lifecycle marketing strategy
- Develop, lead, and partner with various teams to execute email marketing campaigns to drive onboarding, maintain product engagement, and achieve revenue goals
- Leverage account attributes and variables to drive business impact
- Partner with Onboarding to drive activations
- Partner with Sales and Account Management to drive conversions and retention
- Create and manage an iterative testing framework to optimize evergreen lifecycle campaigns
- Manage daily operations of the email marketing channel, including the execution and deployment of email campaigns
- Build, manage, and test multi-channel campaigns (email and in-app notifications) that drive activation and usage of our product
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practices, laws, and data privacy policies, and consult stakeholders on these areas
- Own performance tracking & reporting of evergreen and one-off campaigns (email + in-app)
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual reports that show the breakdown of evergreen and one-off campaign performance
The right candidate should have:
- At least five years or equivalent experience in a role marketing programs that generate more than $10M in annual revenue
- Experience marketing SaaS and/or payment processing tools is a major plus. We have a freemium business model that generates recurring revenue from creators that upgrade to one of our premium plans or by earning processing fees when they sell digital products using our Commerce tool
- Experience working with creators a major plus
- Advanced experience with CRMs
- Experience in email or performance marketing with an emphasis on personalization and experimentation, with the ability to learn new technologies, products, or systems quickly
- Robust analytical skills - quickly digesting large amounts of data, identifying trends, and pursuing the right questions to take action
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing tasks and meeting timelines with minimal oversight
- Ability to bring the mindset of a creator (who ConvertKit serves) into your decision-making process
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- An operator mindset - understands the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Comfortable working remotely in an autonomous environment - you don’t mind asking questions and problem solving in public communication channels
- Able to work in US time zones - you don’t have to live in those time zones, but you have to be able to collaborate with your teammates during those times
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
Pay & Benefits
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 3 ($113,000) or 4 ($138,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing - Learn about profit sharing and compensation at ConvertKit
- Four weeks (20 days) paid vacation per year
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking five consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays
- Two weeks of sick + mental health and wellbeing days per year
- Up to six weeks paid bereavement, medical, and disaster leave after six months of employment; two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Gender-affirming benefits
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Equity in ConvertKit - when you join and when you help us hit company targets
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 5% match
- $3,500 annual learning & development budget
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How To Apply
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
Here’s what the full set of hiring steps looks like:
- Complete your application, which includes two, short-answer questions that help contextualize your experience
- Phone screen with the hiring manager
- Complete a short, 2-hour coding and writing assignment
- Technical interview to discuss the homework assignment and your technical knowledge with two engineers on the team
- Culture contribution interview with a product team member and another person from the team
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.