Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
We're seeking a Customer Support Manager to report to our Head of Support. This role will hire and manage a team of Product Support Specialists who pride themselves on providing excellent and compassionate care to all of CoinTracker's customers. You will be passionate about empowering others, interested in the cryptocurrency space, and thrive working in ambiguous spaces. Overall, you'll be responsible for strengthening team culture, being an advocate for customers and those who report to you, and define and own our success metrics.
At CoinTracker, we're building the best-in-class customer support experience to match our industry leading cryptocurrency portfolio & tax manager. Joining our tight-knit, early stage team means you'll have disproportionate impact on the shape, processes, and direction of our customer-facing product support team. Additionally, you'll help ensure world-class compassionate support for our customers while building a product that improves people's financial opportunities.
- Hire and manage the day-to-day functions of a team of Support Specialists.
- Coach direct reports for professional development and merging them with business needs.
- Work horizontally across the Support Leadership team and cross-functional manager peers to champion the customer experience.
- Ensure the successful delivery of customer facing and internal projects.
- Assume ownership of the largest customer facing issues in the product and see them through to resolution.
- Define, track, and report success metrics.
- Help the team scale through automation, process efficiency projects.
Some of the skills we're excited about:
- Leadership- Ability to lead and motivate Support Specialists, define and align them around key objectives and areas of focus, achieve high collective productivity, impact, and happiness.
- Hiring- Ability to find and hire exceptional talent. Successfully sources, selects, and sells excellent Support professionals to join CoinTracker. Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Mentorship- Ensure that psychological safety is built within the team to encourage direct reports to bring their whole selves to work. Know how to give constructive feedback in a way that builds trust.
- Growth Mentality- Teach others with the simplest possible methods. Encourage others to learn and teach. Always be curious and support taking risks to aid innovation.
- Data-driven- Proficient at collecting, sorting, and prioritizing information for decision making.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is experienced providing fast-paced support in a high-growth start up.
- Has developed a strong management toolkit that strengthens direct reports individually and collectively.
- Thinks critically and is able to build a business case for the largest friction points internal and external stakeholders encounter.
- Is passionate about cryptocurrency or other technology helping to bridge gaps in financial equity and prosperity.
- Excels as both a written and verbal communicator.
- Leverages change management skills for superior support enablement
- Thrives in an early-stage startup environment with less stability and more ambiguity.
- Loves delighting customers.
- Works effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap with our core hours of 9 AM to 12 PM PT.
- Help hire & onboard 15 new Product Support Specialists.
- Develop relationships with your team through 1:1s, collaborative solutions, social events, and the like.
- Understand the context of the company and Support team's growth and find solutions to increase our scalability and capacity building.
1 year outcomes:
- Assist in hiring and onboarding multiple elements of a rapidly scaling support team.
- Take the lead on 3 or more OKR impacting projects
- Develop wide domain knowledge of our product
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully internationally distributed, tight-knit team. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Google Meet, Linear, Notion, Slack, Zendesk. We also stay aligned and bonded through weekly sprints, standups, all hands, and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. Learn more about our guiding principles
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We’re looking for awesome individuals, not folks who perfectly match a job posting.