Chorus One is one of the leading operators of infrastructure for Proof-of-Stake networks and decentralized protocols. Tens of thousands of retail customers and institutions are staking around 800M USD in assets through our infrastructure helping to secure protocols and earn rewards. Our mission is to operate infrastructure for decentralized networks to increase freedom and sovereignty. We are a diverse team of around 50 people distributed all over the globe. We value radical transparency, striving for excellence and continuous improvement while treating each other with kindness and generosity. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
To supplement our extraordinary growth in 2022, we are seeking a Ventures Lead to set the strategy for Chorus One 30M Ventures Fund, research, identify, and source investment opportunities in promising early-stage blockchain projects and protocols.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the most innovative crypto-native startup companies building the future together, for a decentralized, internet-native, open, and permissionless financial system.
- Develop and execute Ventures strategy for Chorus One, aligned with the company's overall vision and goals.
- Lead and manage the Ventures team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure the team’s success.
- Research and identify Proof-of-Stake infrastructure, interoperability/MEV protocol designs, macro trends, and emerging narratives to find the most promising investment opportunities.
- Represent Chorus One at conferences and other events to identify new investment opportunities and develop relationships that can accelerate the growth of Chorus Ventures.
- Build and maintain a network of key industry players, including founders, investors, and thought leaders, to source and screen potential venture deals.
- Lead due diligence efforts on potential investments, including protocol and market evaluation, risk assessment, and financial analysis.
- Monitor and report on portfolio companies, providing guidance and support to help them achieve their goals.
- Identify and analyze relevant data and metrics to improve decision making, services, and external communications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing portfolio companies, working closely with their teams to support their growth and success.
The ideal candidate:
- A crypto-native autonomous learner with a passion for the industry and a keen interest in staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Has the ability to shift from a wide topline view into deep technical details, with a strong understanding of Proof-of-Stake infrastructure, interoperability/MEV protocol designs, and emerging narratives.
- Has excellent interpersonal and networking and communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain business relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Has experience in structured research and data-driven analysis, with the ability to synthesize important financial and technical data and information in a reliable and efficient manner.
- Can take initiative and work independently, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for their work.
- Has a private interest in cryptocurrencies and is active in the community, with particular expertise in staking.
- Although the company is 100% remote, the ideal candidate should be willing to travel 30-40% of the time as required.
- At least 3 years of prior venture capital/ private equity investing experience is required. Total 5-10 years of relevant work experience (e.g., venture capital firm, venture-funded startup, top-tier consulting firm, or investment bank)
Job Type: Full-time
- Competitive salary $110k - 160k/year + equity + benefits
- Autonomy and ownership in a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth
- Remote, but not alone. We are a strong global collaborative environment
- All-expense paid team retreats at various destinations. Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA, South Korea, Greece, Dubai.
- Remote working budget (Laptop, co-working space, etc)
- Personal development budget
- Gather experience and build your network in the vibrant crypto ecosystem.