As a data engineer on the Data Feeds team, you will work closely with other engineers, analysts and data scientists to build out robust data pipelines that support the analytics and reporting for the various products that drive the Chainlink oracle data ecosystem. The current focus is price feeds on centralized and decentralized exchanges - analyzing price, liquidity, volatility, and will quickly evolve to other data types to meet the growing demands of the blockchain ecosystem. You will report to the engineering manager on the team.
- Own the data warehouse that supports the analytics and data science functions
- Develop real time and near real time data pipelines to produce datasets that enable data analysts and data scientists to analyze data quality, and power monitoring and alerting in the event that a data provider becomes unreliable (GCP / BigQuery)
- Evolve the architecture of our data ecosystem as we scale the amount of data sources we warehouse
- Actively participate in leveling the team’s engineering and data bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability of the product
- 5+ years of professional data engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Professional experience working on a cloud based big data system (AWS/GCP)
- Professional experience with SQL
- Experience building data pipelines using workflow management engines such as Airflow
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Experience in DBT, BigQuery
- Experience in building data pipelines
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Experience in building or working with distributed systems
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper
. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.