Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
General Summary and Purpose:
The Senior DevOps Engineer, evoIS is responsible for the development and maintenance of the evoIS infrastructure and its related components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Write well-designed, well-documented, testable code
- Document, deploy and maintain internal and AWS infrastructure for application development and hosting
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing infrastructure
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Respond to infrastructure issues promptly to maintain the greatest possible uptime
- Ensure infrastructure is updated with latest features and security patches
Other Duties :Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position reports to the Global Vice President of Software Engineering.
- At least seven years of demonstrable engineering experience
- Production experience deploying containerized applications using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Production experience deploying applications on AWS
- Production experience managing relational and/or document-based databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in modern software engineering tools
- Ability to interpret and document requirements and specifications
- Experience following an Agile methodology for task management
- BS in computer science or related discipline or equivalent demonstrable software engineering experience
BioLife Solutions provides a substance-free workplace, and all offers of employment will be contingent on opiate drug test and background check.
BioLife Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.