Are you a ‘doer’ who loves to take things all the way from early ideas through concept explorations and eventually to final UI designs?
We’re seeking a full-time, remote Product Designer who excels in taking rough ideas and transforming them into polished features and user interfaces (for our web/SaaS platform Baymard Premium
About the Role
As a Product Designer, your primary responsibilities will be:
- ~70% concept explorations (incl. sketches/wireframe designs)
- ~30% translating those concepts into final UI designs (incl. microcopy)
You will collaborate directly with Baymard’s two founders and become a member of a small product team that includes: a team lead, a UI designer, a data scientist, a content manager, a front-end developer, and two back-end developers.
You must be excellent at:
- Conceptual product and feature development (incl. sketches/wireframe designs)
- Final UIs for those wireframes (incl. microcopy)
And you should be:
- Self-driven with a strong bias toward action
- A clear thinker and communicator
- Motivated to acquire deep domain knowledge
Baymard Institute is a fully distributed, independent UX research organization of ~50 people, mostly UX analysts and researchers (use them to get rich UX feedback on your designs).
We conduct large-scale UX research studies and publish/sell the findings in our bespoke SaaS platform (see baymard.com/research
). It is primarily this platform that you will be conceptualizing and designing features for.
- Location: remote full-time position from either America, Europe, or Africa. (US West Coast: you will have to be available from 6am Pacific Time since the product team is mostly in Europe and we need 2 hours of daily overlap.)
- Salary: in accordance with qualifications.
- Start date: as soon as possible.
- Language: fully proficient in written and spoken English.
- Travel: limited; expect only 0-1 week of optional travel each year (in connection with the optional, company-wide meetup).
How to Apply
- Describe how you fit the role and share evidence of extraordinary ability in conceptual feature development and product design (preferably 1 page, max. 3). (Required.)
- 2-5 examples of desktop web UIs you’ve designed (if you only have mobile design examples, do still apply with those). (Required.)
- A resume (PDF) or a link to your LinkedIn profile. (Required.)
Send the above to email@example.com (all applications and materials are treated confidentially).
The deadline is February 20 (end of day).
Based on the applications, a few selected candidates will be assigned a paid 6-hour hiring test (remote, of course), which will be the main evaluation criterion for the position. This will also be a good way for you to get a feel for the primary task of this job.
Christian & Jamie, Founders of Baymard Institute
Referral Bonus: If this job isn’t you, but you know someone who’ll be the perfect fit, please send them the link to this page. If we end up hiring the person you referred, we’ll give you a 1 year access to a Baymard Premium ‘Comprehensive’ plan (normally $1,800/year).