Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Aha! is a very different high-growth SaaS company. We are the world's #1 product development software and help product development teams build what customers love. More than 5,000 enterprises use our suite of products which includes Aha! Create
, Aha! Ideas
, Aha! Roadmaps
, and Aha! Develop
. And they rely on our training programs at Aha! Academy
to become product development experts. We are self-funded, highly profitable, always distributed, and have no sales team. Being an always-remote company means we can hire intrinsically motivated people who love to learn, support their teammates, and want to work from where they are happiest.
The Aha! UX team is responsible for designing a lovable customer experience. This is a unique responsibility — because our customers use Aha! software to craft terrific experiences for their own end users. So we must set the standard for delivering optimal usability to drive happy use of software. We work within North American time zones so we can easily meet live on video and be exceptional.
- We are curious: We gain a deep understanding of customer needs and wants.
- We empathize: We see the product from the customers' perspective and design solutions which improve their lives.
- We design: We craft delightful product experiences through the user interface, layout, visual design, copy, and interactions.
- We collaborate: We have no tolerance for drama and celebrate clear communication, effort, and teamwork with product management and engineering.
- We deliver: We ship new significant functionality every week. We deliver what customers love and have the tenacity it takes to keep doing so.
- We enjoy: We like what we do. And we want you to love your job too. Learn more about The Responsive Method, our company values, and the generous benefits we offer.
We aspire for a world of lovable software built by thriving product development teams. We provide the tools and expertise to make it happen:
- Aha! Create is a digital notebook — record information, whiteboard concepts, and collaborate with the team.
- Aha! Ideas is a comprehensive idea management solution — crowdsource feedback, engage the community, and analyze trends.
- Aha! Roadmaps is the complete product management solution — set strategy, prioritize features, and share visual plans.
- Aha! Develop is a fully extendable agile development tool — prioritize the backlog, estimate work, and plan sprints.
- Aha! Academy is the best way to learn about product management and Aha! software.
We use our own products every day, which enable us to develop greater empathy for our customers.
We reject the Minimum Viable Product and embrace the Minimum Lovable Product
(MLP). By doing this, we create something that is valuable and lasting. Customers get products that bring them real joy.
You have at least three years of experience in user experience at a high-growth SaaS company. You are self-motivated, exceptionally detail-oriented, and have a history of major accomplishments to prove it. You work collaboratively, enjoy crossing back and forth between UX and visual design, and love to see your work ship — quickly. You have a "get it done" attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again.
Your work at Aha!
This is a unique user experience role. We are defining and shaping how product teams at the largest companies in the world build lovable products. And you will help to design the products that help them achieve that. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing compelling product experiences based on customer needs
- Clearly communicating designs and specifications to empower the engineering team
- Working closely with the product and engineering teams to design awesome customer experiences based on user and implementation feedback
- Maintaining consistent visual standards and keeping the living style guide up to date
- Reviewing features implemented by engineering and providing guidance to ensure pixel-perfect experiences
- Conducting and coordinating usability interviews to gather feedback and insights into customer needs
If the UX Designer role sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you. (A real human reviews every application.)
Grow with us
Everyone deserves to reach their fullest potential. We know that when we do work that matters with people we care about in a high-growth environment, we feel engaged and alive. And our goal is to help you do just that. We offer all the benefits you would expect and more, including profit sharing. The specific benefits listed below are reflective of what we offer U.S.-based hires. We also do our best to extend identical benefits to international teammates.
- Generous salary with annual profit sharing for all
- Medical, dental, and vision plans — for many teammates, we cover 100 percent of the premiums
- Up to 200 hours of paid time off a year to spend however you want
- 30 to 90 days of paid parental leave and five to 10 days of paid care and bereavement leave
- Up to $1,000 annually for third-party education, along with paid time off to immerse yourself in learning
- Aha! contributes a percentage of your total compensation each year towards your retirement