Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, EAT (UTC +3)
What we offer (compensation & benefits)
As many great candidates won’t be ready to join full-time immediately, we would be also open to contract-to-hire.
- Equity. Anywhere from 0.5%-1.5% equity for the founding engineer
- Salary. Base salary will be USD ~65k
- Relocation. EU visa sponsorship & relocation (if applies and desired by candidate)
Our mission is to take the work out of scheduling while avoiding scheduling links (à la Calendly).
80% of meetings are scheduled manually via e-mail or phone. The reality is that scheduling links don’t work for most of the meetings because of the costs to social capital.
- When someone sends you a Calendly link and asks you to slot yourself on their calendar, they are telling you that you are less important than them. It is a ‘get in line’ move.
- In practice, recipients will often not click on your Calendly.
These aspects make scheduling links de-facto useless for the vast majority of the workforce. Imagine:
- A Sales Development Representative reaching out to a prospective client that he’s never talked to.
- An architect trying to set up a first consultation with new homeowners.
- A head hunter setting up a confidential meeting for a senior executive position at a corporate company.
The reality is that setting up a meeting is a nuanced dance of social capital to match the importance and urgency between two parties. And this is currently a very manual process.
We are looking for a Founding Engineer to join our founders and build a software tool that solves that manual process.
- Join a company that’s going from 0 → 10k MRR. Our MVP grew all organic. Now, we’re ready to go for revenue now and make that grow.
- Full focus on building. Fundraising, Marketing & Customer Support will all be taken care of by the other founders. You’ll be able to focus on building.
- Founder competencies. Richard is a self-taught developer working as a software engineer now and Philipp majored in engineering. However, both founders have a background in growth and transfer the skills to the business side of things.
- Reduced risk. While you’ll get potentially life-changing equity in the company, we’ve already secured enough money to pay you a salary.
What you'll do (responsibilities)
- Make most of our technical decisions. We want to rewrite our MVP from scratch, which leaves a complete greenfield for you.
- Co-own the product. We will remain a team of 3 for a while, which means we agree on some features to build and from there it’s you implementing them from start to finish together with one or two other engineers.
- Build for interesting platforms. Bring your full creativity to solve technical problems to serve a web app, a browser extension, and an outlook add-in. All with shiny new technologies ✨
What we're looking for (qualifications)
We don’t care about CVs. We are looking for smart, driven people who are eager to have an impact.
- Your Stack. Typescript, Prisma, React, Turborepo, tRPC, NextJS in a monorepo. You should have extensive experience with the majority of these tools.
- A product builder at heart. You like the idea of implementing your own ideas from A-Z. We expect you to have a knack for great ✨UX and have built & launched products from scratch in the past.
- Good heart. We don't tolerate jerks and are generally just friendly people.
How to Apply (hint: no CV or cover letter)
Interested in learning more about what it's like to build AgreeTo with us?
We'd love to talk! Email our founder Philipp Schwengel directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the e-mail, please outline:
- Location. From where you’ll be working (we’re used to fully-remote)
- Start Date. Your earliest possible start
- Experience. How much years of experience you have with Typescript, Prisma, React & NextJS.
We don’t require you to do any coding challenge. After successfully passing the interviews, we will pay you for implementing real features to see if you’re comfortable in our work environment.