Hi there, thanks for considering AdQuick! We're hiring for full-time, remote software engineers that would like to join our small but growing team.
Here's a little bit about us:
We're a Series-A stage startup working on building a marketplace for outdoor advertising. The founding team consists of early folks from Instacart. Our primary investors are Initialized Capital, and Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder of Reddit, is on our board.
On the demand-side, we're building the most powerful, data-driven platform to buy outdoor ads. Then, we have the most sophisticated tools in the industry to measure the impact of these campaigns.
On the supply-side, we are using the “Open Table model” – we’re building inventory management tools and giving them away for free to connect supply & demand. A significant portion of the industry has already adopted our inventory management platform.
The company is currently only 30 people, and 14 of us are on the product side.
What we're looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience working on production systems
- You want to work in a startup environment: you proactively take a lot of ownership
- You have experience in our stack or similar technologies
- You have a great product sense
Our tech stack:
* Kotlin & Kafka for high-throughput systems
* Stimulus JS / Stimulus Reflex (we're moving from React towards this)
More detailed technical challenges:
- We are building a frontend user interface for sophisticated marketers. Users should be able to view 1M+ markers and transit lines on a map without their browser crawling to a halt. We need to support complex and interesting map visualizations – layering political voting data, census data, AdWords data and more.
- We need to support highly efficient search by geography, demographics, unit data, and many other attributes from disparate data sources. This has to scale while keeping search response times low.
- We're doing interesting work with data science: we integrate with Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, movement data, and other sources to measure impact of physical advertising on online behavior. ROI data from prior campaigns can help create more effective future campaigns. As our data warehouse grows, crunching this data will be increasingly challenging and more powerful. We're using machine learning to create better campaigns over time.
- We scraped Instagram and used image recognition to see if people shared photos of billboards. Turns out, a lot of people Instagram’d Drake's board. Innovative ROI tools are a core part of our offering.