Time zones: GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
ADDITIVE is looking for a self-directed, experienced backend developer with a passion for web technologies and experienced in designing complex backend architectures with Laravel.
The Backend Developer will work on a team of backend developers, frontend developers, designers and stakeholders in order to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions, as well as feature development. The ideal candidate is self-driven, team-oriented, enthusiastic about web technologies and industry best practices and is experienced in working on Laravel production apps.
This is a remote role, but we are only hiring within Europe. This is to enable timezone alignment and occasional physical meetups in the future.
- Developing backend web applications and API’s with Laravel
- Connection of external systems and interfaces, including the processing of large amounts of data
- Writing maintainable, well-documented code with extensive test coverage
- Responsibility for features together with the team consisting of frontend developers and designers
- Exchange of experience and knowledge transfer within the department
- Research and evaluation of new technologies, innovations and trends
- Driving force for new creative ideas and technical solutions
- Several years of experience in the development of applications using a PHP framework
- Good knowledge of database and SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Well-founded knowledge of interfaces (REST, JSON, XML)
- High demand for quality and innovation, especially analytical capabilities
- Sense of responsibility and reliability
- Proactive and goal-oriented working
- Willingness to engage in dialogue and work in teams
- Interest in technologies, innovation and trends
- Good English or German language skills are necessary
Nice To Haves
- Previous remote working experience
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails